PDA

View Full Version : Tribute tattoo

alj120413
09-10-12, 02:24 PM
Hello Marines,

I want to get a tattoo to show the man I love , who is a U.S.M.C. Veteran that not only to I love him but I am proud of him as a Marine. He went through alot growing up and I know the Marines helped in a BIG way to contribute to the man he is today.

I want to get a heart, in the heart would be a woman's face and a man's face the man would be wearing the white cover with the gold eagle, globe and anchor. I do not in anyway want to imply that I am a Marine, just that I love him and I am proud of him.

I am prepared to hear it how it is and I do want any and all opinions good, bad and indifferent. Also if there are any words or changes anything that would make it better.

Thank you all for everything you've already done and for your opinions as well

Amanda

PNW2011
09-10-12, 02:53 PM
go for it holmes, you're tattooing a picture of your marine to you?

Yeah, no one's going to care, we can tell you're a girlfriend or wife, it's not a big deal.

alj120413
09-10-12, 04:41 PM
Thanks , I just know that some Marines don't like the whole tribute things when they seem to imply that the person with the tattoo is a Marine. I know I m not but I do love mine :)

Jarhead85
09-10-12, 04:48 PM
Listen, if your man is a Marine and your proud of him being a Marine then show that pride out loud don't listen to what anyone has to say if its negative and if there's a problem put your Marine on the job he will take care of it..Good luck Marines always understand when it comes to other marines if not then...*&!% them..

Semper Fi
Jarhead85

PNW2011
09-10-12, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't tattoo my girlfriend or wife's face to me, 50% divorce rate and all..

alj120413
09-12-12, 09:36 AM
Thanks Marines ,

It s not a tattoo of his face it's more a simple man and woman's face almost the simplest drawing of just the white cover is the detail to show it's the U.S.M.C cover... I don't want to say a cartoon version but it's the easiest way to explain it very basic because I wouldnt put a face on me either not because of the divorce rate ( I don't plan on ever getting divorced :) but the detail and size in itself wouldn't fit anywhere I'm a pretty small person ...

alj120413
09-12-12, 09:38 AM
23339 this is the idea

Rocky C
09-12-12, 01:58 PM
I like it Amanda :thumbup:.
Very basic but it has all the intent of what you want.

Good luck with it.

And you can put this right under it :)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/leatherneck/misc/logo.gif (http://www.leatherneck.com/)

alj120413
09-13-12, 04:24 PM
thank you thinking the my shoulder, as in "always have your back" ;)

Rocky C
09-13-12, 06:00 PM
Hahahaha !!!

Sgt Leprechaun
09-20-12, 12:58 AM
Good for you.

I'll be the voice of doom and gloom though...I've been married over 20 years to my favorite WM...and neither of us have our names tat'd on ourselves.

BUT, the tat's we both got as young Marines back in the 80's are now starting to fade with age.

Just remember, a tat is forever for the most part. Think long and hard about 'what' you are going to get...and WHERE. How will it look in an evening dress, or in a summer dress at your kids HS graduation....or elementary school 'move up'?

Just food for thought.

Tennessee Top
09-20-12, 03:56 PM
NOBODY plans on getting divorced (I certainly didn't). But, relationships change and the statistics don't lie.Just be smart about it. Put it somewhere nobody can see it unless you want to show it to them (your shoulder should be fine as long as it's high enough to be completely covered with a blouse). I am proud of the EGA high on my upper shoulder but you can't see it unless I am shirtless. If I want you to see it, I can take my shirt off or just lift up the shirt sleeve. All that matters is you and your Marine know it's there (the world does not need to know). Then, if the worse should ever happen in the future, it will be easily concealable.

alj120413
09-22-12, 03:51 PM
Thanks I do plan on getting it on my shoulder or back somewhere , I have time to decide :) I have 14 tattoos already with plenty more space I'm not one to hide them I wear my stories proud !!!

Thanks for all the opinions