PDA

View Full Version : Traffic tickets what should I do? need help ASAP

S J Humes Jr23
09-04-12, 07:14 AM
Hello Marines, I recently got two traffic tickets and Ive already meet my recruiter and he is sending to MEPS this week. Should I tell him about the traffic tickets?

PS: I got the tickets after I meet with my recruiters

Kegler300
09-04-12, 07:32 AM
If the fines for the traffic infractions were less than $300, and did not involve drugs or alcohol, you don't have to disclose it on the questionnaire for your background investigation (SF86), however, you should let your recruiter know.

S J Humes Jr23
09-04-12, 07:50 AM
Thanks MGySgt I really needed the advice.

Lisa 23
09-04-12, 09:45 AM
To be on the safe side, I would inform your recruiter about your recent traffic tickets.

United States Navy and Marine Corps
Criminal History DisqualificationsMinor Traffic Offenses

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/blusmccriminal-2.htm

MOS4429
09-04-12, 11:49 AM
Do on line traffic school, if you have not before, and get at least one of them wiped off your record.

Tennessee Top
09-04-12, 02:13 PM
Fastest way to pi$$ off your recruiter is for him to find out something later you failed to tell him about (would not recommend you do that). All that does is put doubt in his mind about your credability and whether he can trust you or not (what other secrets are out there about you that he really should know?). He may or may not find out about these tickets (chances are he will) but is his trust in you worth the gamble?

The more important question is do you have enough self discipline to keep your foot off the gas pedal and obey the speed limits? If you had in the first place, you would not be in this situation. Think about it.

S J Humes Jr23
09-06-12, 11:52 AM
So I decide to do the right thing and tell my recruiter about my tickets, he wasnt mad or anything he just said to get them squared away before I go to M.E.P.S. And that no waiver would be need. Thank you Marines for the help and support.

Tennessee Top
09-06-12, 12:14 PM
Outstanding! You made the right decision and I'm sure your recruiter appreciates it. Congratulations!!

You should never have a question similar to this one again. All you have to remember is to always do the right thing even if nobody is watching or if it is not the cool/popular thing to do. That is called integrity and it's one of our leadership principles.

Good luck at MEPS; come back and let us know how it went.

S J Humes Jr23
01-03-13, 03:17 PM
Just want thank you Marine that replied to my post I'm in the delayed entry program my ship date is 20130610 my MOS field is 06xx Communications