PDA

View Full Version : Highschool Football injuries

jahuski35
09-02-12, 05:59 PM
Afternoon Marines,
Regarding my past posts I have been flip flopping between different options on how i should enter the Corps. Right now I am set on enlisting after highschool or if i can ,then get a ship date right after i graduate. Right now I am playing football in highschool. Several players have already been injured and cant play due to concussions, stress fractures or other injuries. I am worried about getting an injury that will impede me from joining the Marines. I like football, but if it means leaving the team to prevent an injury so that i wont be DQ'd from joining the Marines, then I would do anything towards that direction. I'm looking for some advice on what I should do. Thank you.

Tennessee Top
09-03-12, 09:25 PM
Quitting the team is a prudent thing to do to avoid injury. Guess it depends on how important playing is to you. If it's not that important then the risk of injury is not worth jeopardizing your chances of shipping on time. Sometimes, we have to make sacrafices to attain our ultimate goals. Sounds to me you already know what you need to do.

Good luck.

MOS4429
09-04-12, 11:52 AM
What position do you play, and are you first string? Do you play O and D? Need more intell.

doc h fmf
09-04-12, 12:03 PM
Be honest if you are a punter or a kicker i would not worry but the other positions i would. To prevent injuries i would quit reason being is if you get a concussion your whole dream would be over because if you get a qworse injury in the corps it would leave you brain damaged or kill you. With stress fractures depending where and how severe the could work with you but a concussion its a no go. So iwish you all the best in your decission and future

stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

Buddy1213
09-04-12, 09:08 PM
If it were me, I would just cut my losses now, quit the team, put all the time that I would be devoting to football into cardio and endurance training, beef up a bit, work on your GRADES, they can always be better.

Personally I hate running with a passion. Find what you hate and what you're weak in and just train train train. Maybe even try to take a college class or two or several like I did and that PFC going into boot camp.

MOS4429
09-05-12, 01:06 PM
Be nice if the OP would post an update and answer some of the questions.