PDA

View Full Version : Australian Citizen- Marines

DMcCann
08-31-12, 08:54 AM
G'day,

I would like to know if it is possible for an Australian citizen (Born and raised, currently living) to join the USMC. I am looking at a career in Military aviation. I have currently sat all the tests for the Royal Australian Air Force and passed with flying colours except they have a strict perfect eyesight policy. I fell just short of this but still wish to join an armed forces branch.

I have searched everywhere for answers but to no avail, if some one is able to point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Zulu 36
08-31-12, 11:19 AM
G'day,

I would like to know if it is possible for an Australian citizen (Born and raised, currently living) to join the USMC. I am looking at a career in Military aviation. I have currently sat all the tests for the Royal Australian Air Force and passed with flying colours except they have a strict perfect eyesight policy. I fell just short of this but still wish to join an armed forces branch.

I have searched everywhere for answers but to no avail, if some one is able to point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

To join the USMC you must be, at minimum, a permanent resident of the US (have a Green Card). If you plan to become an officer, you must be a US citizen. All US Armed Forces are prohibited by law from assisting anyone to become a resident or citizen for purposes of enlistment. To be a commissioned officer you must also have a bachelors degree, or an approved foreign equivalent.

Our aviation programs (all branches) also have very strict eyesight requirements for pilots and slightly lesser requirements for enlisted aircrew. All USMC pilots are commissioned officers and come under the US Navy's aviation program requirements as do aircrew.