PDA

View Full Version : Trying to join with ged 30+ college credits and felony charge

Stevan88
08-30-12, 09:02 PM
Hello, my name is Stevan and about four months ago attempted to enlist into Marines even went to meps and got paperwork together for waivers etc my only hang up was that I had a misdemeanor on my...

josephd
08-30-12, 09:09 PM
If you were told no in Florida I would imagine it would also be a no in Ohio. You could have a Masters degree and be a choir boy now but would still have to get a waiver for those charges. I hate to...

Stevan88
08-30-12, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the info, I was going to mention me also being a choir boy but now I guess it doesn't matter.

MOS4429
08-31-12, 12:00 PM
Have you gone back to the juvenile court to have those charges expunged? Some states allow people, once adults, who have led a clean life since the conviction, to petition the juvenile court and...

MOS4429
08-31-12, 12:03 PM
Here, read this for some general info:
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinejoin/a/criminal.-um-.htm

thewookie
08-31-12, 12:37 PM
There is always the Army or another branch. If you really want to serve and make a difference that is.

Good luck.

Lisa 23
08-31-12, 02:12 PM
Topic closed until you have a complete profile filled out besides a first and last name....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and topic will be re-opened.