PDA

View Full Version : Question about life on MCRDPI

sfdgnasty
08-29-12, 01:10 PM
To any Marine out there, when on MCRDPI, what personal hygeine items are allowed? I like to be a clean person when I can, and want to know what is given to you, and what you can purchase, or have sent to you? For instance, toothbrush, soap, baby powder, etc. I dont mind being dirty and covered in filth. I actuially enjoy it, but being clean when possible is something I also like to do.

Thank you for your time and service
~Greg

irpat54
08-29-12, 01:23 PM
your recruiter should let you know what you can take,, but when i went in the Corps, many moons ago, they gave me everything and if i needed something else i got it when we had px call as a platoon,, and it seems to me that when my Daughter went to boot camp at PI, She didn't take but just the clothes on her back, but check with your recruiter,

josephd
08-29-12, 05:18 PM
you wont be bringing any of your own hygiene items with you. Your first few weeks at the depot you are gonna stink and be nasty all the time. Once into second phase they should(every plt. is different) be letting you do everything on your own within the 30 minute to hour free time you get. You'll only have the basics though. Bar of dial soap, an ass rag, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream. Don't be thinking that you are gonna have fancy body wash with a louffa deal.

PNW2011
08-29-12, 06:52 PM
There's a recruit px to buy all that stuff, plus you'll get most of that stuff in your gear issue.