PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for waver forms?

sfdgnasty
08-27-12, 10:46 AM
Hello all,
I am in the process of filling out two wavers required to become a poolie, and was wondering if anyone has any advice. The first one is a tattoo waver that my recruter said should not be an issue. One of my tattoo's is about 1 inch longer than my hand. The others I have (3) that are visable are within the acceptable limits. The second waver I have is for a ticket I had recieved in 2008. It was origionally cited as possesion of marijuana, but the court droppd it down to civil misconduct. I recieved the ticket at a small party (10 people) when 1 person had marijuana in his possesion. No one was smoking, or even knew that he had it at the time. In court the judge decided that we should all not recieve the penalty for his actions, but did recieve the civil misconduct citation. Is there anything I should be worried about with either of those? I have an associates degree, and have been a volunteer fire fighter and emt for over 3 years. Will the good things negate the bad? I have wanted to do this for years and really hope that everything works out.

Thank you for any suggestions
Sfdgnasty

Zulu 36
08-27-12, 11:05 AM
Thread closed until profile completed per site rules.

Once profile is completed you can contact any squad leader of admin by PM to reopen the thread.

Rocky C
08-27-12, 05:39 PM
Profile complete.
Thread re-opened.

josephd
08-27-12, 06:10 PM
I would say "the good" as you put it will not "negate the bad". No matter what good deeds and public service you have done you will still need the waivers. I am not sure any of us here can really help you at all. Waivers get awarded/accepted at the RS and HQ level, either you'll be eligible or you won't. Not much you can really do. All I can say is best of luck.

sfdgnasty
08-28-12, 12:13 PM
Josephd,

Thank you for your responce. I hope that everything works out and I can earn the right to be called a Marine.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-02-12, 09:33 PM
Actually, what you have isn't all that bad. The tat' waivers would probably be the biggest issue, but if your recruiter says it's not something to worry about, then likely it isn't. The weed...

sfdgnasty
09-04-12, 10:14 AM
Thank you for the responce Sgt Leperchaun, and thank you for your service. I am keeping my hopes up right now. The wavers should be submitted within the next few days. I can only hope and pray that everything gets approved, and I can truly begin the process of becoming a United States Marine.