PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Needed Please

cnix17
08-08-12, 11:48 PM
Good evening Marines. I recently joined this site, and I've found it to be an excellent source of information and wisdom for individuals interested in earning the title of Marine. So, thank you for the info I've gained so far and any given in the future.

Here is a quick rundown of my situation:
-College Grad (Age: 22)
-Contacted local OSO last July
-Contracted for OCC 211 (October)
-Recently informed I was a Non-Select
-Word is that the next AD Ground class is Oct 13'

Here is my question:

Would it be offensive/considered a slight to my OSO's office if I went in and talked with my local recruiter about enlistment options? I am not abandoning the officer route, but my family has suggested gathering info on opportunities on the enlisted side of things, in case the officer route falls through (They know how passionate I am about becoming a Marine). This may seem like a silly question, but I wanted to hear your opinions.

-Thank You

josephd
08-08-12, 11:54 PM
Would it be offensive/considered a slight to my OSO's office if I went in and talked with my local recruiter about enlistment options?

Not at all, especially if you tell him this is what you are doing. In fact I'd be willing to bet he would get you in touch with one himself in order to hook you up with your MOS pick(I know of a few guys who got this).

cnix17
08-11-12, 02:34 PM
Great, thanks for the response.

Rocky C
08-11-12, 02:40 PM
Agree :thumbup:.