11-18-03, 06:54 PM
Col. Mitchell Paige, Medal of Honor Recipient, Dies <br />
<br />
By Adam Bernstein <br />
Washington Post Staff Writer <br />
Tuesday, November 18, 2003; Page B06 <br />
<br />
<br />
Mitchell Paige, 85, a retired Marine Corps colonel...

thedrifter
11-26-03, 10:03 AM
Legend honored <br />
Submitted by: MCB Camp Pendleton <br />
Story Identification Number: 20031125183611 <br />
Story by Cpl. Jeremy M. Vought <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
RIVERSIDE, Calif.(Nov. 23, 2003) -- A quiet chill settled over the...

Lock-n-Load
11-26-03, 12:50 PM
:marine:I am a most fortunate Marine ...I met "Mitch" at the US Marine Tanker Assoc reunion in a lil verdant community [North Bend, Oregon ] in Sept1995...he was our Guest of Honor for 6 days/nites...it was the first day of the gathering of Marine tankers...I was wearing a Desert Storm 3 color cammo/blouse with three 1st Marine Division patches on it...our Chaplain, Bob Boardman entered the lobby with another WW2 Marine...knowing Bob from other reunions, he beckoned me over to meet his companion....he was tall with snow-white hair...Bob said, "Chris...meet Col Mitchell Paige"...I was floored...as I read about "Mitch" [as a 10 yr kid] and his heroic exploits on Guadalcanal in 1942...we shook hands alright and Mitch cupped both 1st Marine Div patches on my shoulders and said. "Don't they look just great"...later that evening as festivities got underway, it was open bar, "Mitch" was in the line and he grabbed me as I was walking by him, "Chris, love your cammie/blouse; you're the best dressed Marine here"...I paused..."Friggin' "A" Colonel"...he stopped me and said, "Call me, Mitch"...what a hellava Marine he was to me...I would see him at other 1st Marine Div Assoc reunions and we would always have a long chats about combat forays...I'll never forget..."A Marine named, "Mitch" [NEVER]....Semper Fidelis..SSGT CHRIS SARNO-USMC FMF:marine:

Lock-n-Load
11-26-03, 01:16 PM
:marine: Thank you for the Posts on...US Marine Colonel Mitchell Paige-USMC FMF:marine: Gung-Ho