PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.

Stealthly
05-13-12, 10:05 AM
Hello, I would just like to ask some questions, I'm a junior in high school, but credit-wise I'm a senior, and will most likely be graduating around November/December. How exactly does MOS work in the marines, from what I heard, and researched is that they put you anywhere they need you, I'm just wondering is if I did a little research could I pick what I want? I would really like to do equipment, and vehicle repair, if not I'd be fine with something like intelligence. When I go to bootcamp, should I act like a know it all, or just keep my mouth shut, and just answer when spoken to?

ChuckH
05-13-12, 10:36 AM
Thread closed until profile filled out.
Contact any squad leader to reopen when profile is filled out.

Lisa 23
05-13-12, 12:55 PM
Thread reopened....profile filled out.

Tennessee Top
05-13-12, 04:16 PM
As a junior, you are eligible to talk to a recruiter. They go to school and are trained to answer all your questions regarding MOS selection and anything else you may be interested in knowing. Your best bet is to visit your local recruiter and establish a relationship. MOS selection is tied to your ASVAB score; the higher your score, the more MOS's you'll be eligible for. Your recruiter can tell you all about it.

NOBODY likes "know-it-alls"; especially USMC Drill Instructors. No reason to go to bootcamp if you know everything already. So, just keep your mouth shut, sound-off as loud as you can everytime you're told to, and do everything as fast as you can...you should be good.

Good luck.

Stealthly
05-13-12, 05:48 PM
Thank you for the response, I'll see to it about visiting the local recruiter.