PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some outside input...

Bedlem3342
04-03-12, 11:14 AM
Hello all,

I’m a senior in high school, and have been considering the marines for over a year now. My original intent was to get into a split contract for the reserves, and attend a local college for engineering. I was told today the last split option job was taken. My only reserve option at this point is to take a job driving a humvee. My recruiter told me I would complete boot camp and MOS school, return home in November of 2012, and start school in the 2nd semester (2013).

I’m also very serious about becoming an Officer. What I am here asking is, am I a viable candidate to get it done. I’m 6’ 155lbs, and all I want is to become an officer in the USMC and graduate with a college degree.

How much am I biting off here. I have very little family in the military, so it's somewhat difficult to get good advice from close friends; However, I have read a lot about the PLC course and the steps to get through OCS, but I felt the need to ask for myself specifically. If it is not too much trouble, I would appreciate any advice.

Sincerely,

Sam

ChuckH
04-03-12, 11:21 AM
Thread closed.
Your not to be on here during school hours and fill out your profile as per site rules!!!