PDA

View Full Version : Can Marines get airborne as an incentive?

Jshrz
03-03-12, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone, I was wondering if the Marines allowed airborne school to be put into your contract as an incentive. I read a youtube comment about it and I was curious to know the truth.

Thanks,
Josh

03Mike
03-03-12, 04:47 PM
Into your contract? No. The U.S. Army runs airborne school, so a Marine recruiter isn't going to guarantee you a slot in an optional Army school.

Zulu 36
03-03-12, 05:50 PM
At one time, Marines who were re-enlisting, and not lat moving, could ask for airborne school as an incentive. Since the MarSoc start up I don't think that option is available anymore as all Marine allotted seats are reserved for Recon and MarSoc people.

So, if your your MOS doesn't require jump school, you probably will never see it. This does not preclude you from pursuing sport jumping as a hobby (and no, you can't wear military jump wings if you sport jump).

ChrrySkoal
03-08-12, 08:51 PM
It really boils down to if they have room...I was told yes you can as a re enlistment incentive.

m14ed
03-09-12, 12:53 AM
get airborne
One well placed kick, and who knows where you'd land.

thewookie
03-09-12, 07:02 AM
Back in the day... you could just show up at Benning on leave, and if they could fit you in, you could go through.

Jump school was fun -- fun to laugh at the Army. :marine: