PDA

View Full Version : Shipdates and MOS

Bornagain
02-23-12, 06:38 PM
Hello Marines! I'd like to start by saying that I finished at MEPS today and got exceptional scores on my ASVAB. AFQT: 73, GT: 119, MM: 122, EL: 124, and CL of 112. I was informed by my recruiter that I qualify academically for every MOS possible. When I got home me and my father were discussing possible jobs to choose from when I swear in on April 1st. He told me that I should choose a job that not only carrys over into the civilian world but one that matches my abilities. I was told by my recruiter that if my date is before October 1st than I will pick a job field as soon as possible, but if it's after than I'll wait till the new contracts come out. My question (and my Dad's) is that if there are no desirable jobs available when I swear in than what would happen if I denied my ship-date and asked for one after the new fiscal year? I will take whatever job I have to to be a Marine if it comes down to it but I want to be doing something that I will enjoy. Sorry if this topic has been covered before in any way but the verification image doesn't load whenever I use the search bar. Any help is appreciated. Thank you Marines.

DanM
02-23-12, 06:59 PM
If the forum search function is not working for you,try a Google "site" specific search.

What specific information are you looking for?

Bornagain
02-23-12, 07:34 PM
If the forum search function is not working for you,try a Google "site" specific search.

What specific information are you looking for?

What would happen if someone denied a ship date.

MunkyVsRobot
02-23-12, 07:56 PM
This question has been asked many many times before if you do a google search I'm sure you'd find the answer. The ship date you get at Meps isnt an exact date if you dont have an mos that you want you can either go in open or wait till you get the mos that you want. When they ask you for your top 3 dont **** and moan later on if you get the 3rd choice even though you wanted your top choice.