PDA

View Full Version : Is my recruiter trying to "trick" me?

Anewell
02-22-12, 05:42 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I guess this could refer to Marine Recruiters.

So here is whats up ill make it short.
I was originally scheduled to leave March 5th but I was pushed back to May 29th. I signed the Infantry contract a few months back. My recruiter emailed me today saying that I am still in the infantry option but I am going to be doing security for Nuclear ships for a year or two before being sent to a grunt unit. Has that happened to any Marines? I have only seen all infantry marines be assigned specific duties after MCT. To my understanding wouldn't security for Nuclear ships be a separate MOS from infantry?

I am just wondering because I would really like to do infantry and do not want to sign anything that is going to put me in a bind. Thanks

Anewell
02-22-12, 05:51 PM
Also I should add my recruiter has been fine and I have no reason to believe he would try and get me to sign something I do not want. Not sure if those recruiter rumors are still true today.

SGT7477
02-22-12, 06:11 PM
I don't know about your profile, site rules you need to have a properly filled out profile, if a Mod comes he or she will close it,Semper Fidelis.