PDA

View Full Version : Online classes in high school ?

Shipley
02-15-12, 04:40 PM
Hello Marines,

I went the recruiters office today and was told that online classes are accepted for classes towards high school graduation, just cant have to many of them.

Now my main big high schools I went to both offered online classes as credit recover, and regular classes. So does the school I graduated from.

So my question, I cant find any information on how many classes are allowed to be taken on the computer. Also why are these types of classes not accepted ?

Thanks Marines

Rocky C
02-15-12, 05:06 PM
The Online classes taken must be from an accredited/certified school.
Call your city, county and state school board to be sure.

Then speak with your Recruiter again.

DanM
02-15-12, 05:09 PM
You would need to contact the schools for a transcript and the classes would need to be accredited classes. There seems to be a difference between certified and accredited classes.See link for similar circumstances.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108595

Shipley
02-15-12, 09:03 PM
The Online classes taken must be from an accredited/certified school.
Call your city, county and state school board to be sure.

Then speak with your Recruiter again.

So your saying that the program that the online classes work through have to be accredited/certified? Or my high school needs to be accredited/certified?

All All the high schools I have been to offered all the same programs for class online. That why I dont get the issue is popping up, the diploma I am receiving at graduation in June, is the local highs diploma. Sorry, this school requirement stuff just keeps baffling me.