PDA

View Full Version : Difference in DEP weight and ship weight?

Jshrz
02-15-12, 05:37 AM
Well I was reading a thread a minute ago which was closed that said the sign weight for DEP is diferent than the actual weight needed to ship to basic.

Is this true? I have never heard this before, if it is true new light has shed on my life.

SGT7477
02-15-12, 06:00 AM
Are you going to the army basic, boot camp for the Marine Corps? Semper Fidelis

Jshrz
02-15-12, 06:45 AM
Only the best, the marines

Sorry for not clarifying

Yonkers
02-15-12, 07:43 AM
This is just google talking, a recruiter would have the most up to date chart:

Here is the normal Marine one:
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/a/weightmale.htm

Here is the "shipping" weight, this may not be exactly correct, as it gets updated a bunch:
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinejoin/l/blintweightmale.htm

The difference for my weight is crazy.. so who knows the truth to these charts, but I do remember my recruiter having one.

best of luck to you,

LCpl Yonkers

Jshrz
02-15-12, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the link! Do you happen to know anyone who entered dep and was over the standards however received the waiver as in the second link by being able to perform the minimum requirements? I would like to do this, however if it is an extensive process I'd rather just keep losing weight and go and sign when I am within the standards

Lisa 23
02-15-12, 11:43 AM
To the best of my knowledge, your recruiter won't have you ship until you meet your weight standards, so if you still need to lose weight, get to it!

Jshrz
02-15-12, 11:47 AM
To the best of my knowledge, your recruiter won't have you ship until you meet your weight standards, so if you still need to lose weight, get to it!

I know that I need to meet those very specific standards befor ei ship, however I was wondering if I could enter the delayed entry program even though I am not to those standards, yet.

Thanks

Lisa 23
02-15-12, 11:56 AM
I know that I need to meet those very specific standards befor ei ship, however I was wondering if I could enter the delayed entry program even though I am not to those standards, yet.

Thanks

Just looked at your profile. You're only 16 years old, a recruiter isn't going to sign you up until you're at least 17, and that's with parental consent...18 on your own.
So....from now until the time you turn 17, lose whatever weight you need to lose and then and talk with a recruiter.

Jshrz
02-15-12, 12:00 PM
Just looked at your profile. You're only 16 years old, a recruiter isn't going to sign you up until you're at least 17, and that's with parental consent...18 on your own.
So....from now until the time you turn 17, lose whatever weight you need to lose and then and talk with a recruiter.

Alright thanks. I turn 17 in 3 months so I'm trying to plan ahead

Lisa 23
02-15-12, 12:09 PM
Alright thanks. I turn 17 in 3 months so I'm trying to plan ahead

Well, now you know what you have to do, so get going and lose whatever weight you need to lose before you talk with a recruiter.

Good luck to you...and be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

IHaveEGA843
02-15-12, 12:15 PM
Here some advice from a boot Marine.....

Get under your shipping weight or you'll be a target with a skivvie shirt that have 2 white lines on it.

Save your self the time and pain......I got f up constantly and could only eat salads for a month and a half.

Lose it now!

Jshrz
02-15-12, 12:17 PM
Well, now you know what you have to do, so get going and lose whatever weight you need to lose before you talk with a recruiter.

Yeah I plan on it but I was wondering if I will be able to go into delayed entry without being At the actual shipping standards. I know I will have to be at the standards before meps I was wondering if I would be able to join dep even though I haven't met the requirement yet

SGT7477
02-15-12, 06:33 PM
Only the best, the marines

Sorry for not clarifying
Marines, Good Luck,Semper Fidelis.:flag:

SGT7477
02-15-12, 06:34 PM
Hit him again Lisa,Semper Fidelis.:D

Lisa 23
02-15-12, 07:44 PM
Yeah I plan on it but I was wondering if I will be able to go into delayed entry without being At the actual shipping standards. I know I will have to be at the standards before meps I was wondering if I would be able to join dep even though I haven't met the requirement yet

The answer to your question is in this previous post of mine........

Jshrz
02-18-12, 02:33 PM

Well I am down 18 pounds since I decided that being a Marine is what I wanted!

Jshrz
02-23-12, 04:52 PM
Well I found the answer through my recruiter today for those who are wondering. 6'0 is 227 for DEP