PDA

View Full Version : 0261 questions

MunkyVsRobot
02-11-12, 12:14 PM
So the mos I was assigned by the msgt at Parris Island was 0261 I'm looking to see if I can possibly get some info about the job I'm doing I did more investigating on 0231 as that was the one I wanted but I got 0261 any help would be great. If it'll violate Opsec you could send me a pm but any info would be greatly appreciated.

JoshLittle
02-11-12, 01:27 PM
Don't know if you were able to find this webpage ; http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0261.htm. Gives a lot of information on the MOS that you provided. I've honestly never heard of the MOS before, but I guess you learn something new everyday.

Also, if it violated OPSEC, a PM wouldn't make it any different. I'll do some more research on this MOS myself to try and help you out a little more, but that's probably the best site you'll be able to find on the MOS other then talking to someone from this MOS directly.

MunkyVsRobot
02-11-12, 02:49 PM
I read the description they had there and it is very similar I just wish there was more Info on it that's really all I can find.

DanM
02-11-12, 03:03 PM
I read the description they had there and it is very similar I just wish there was more Info on it that's really all I can find.

If you use the site specific search on the subject in Google,it will list 10+ pages of threads here on Leatherneck.If you don't how,try Google.

MunkyVsRobot
03-03-12, 08:21 AM
So my search for information continues but to no avail. I keep finding the military . com information everywhere i go. There has got to be some 0261s here that can give me a little insight as to what i would be doing, or how school is or what not.

Do any of you devil dogs know any 0261's? All I know is the school is supposed to be approx 10 months (thats what the Master Sergeant said) and it is at Ft. Belvoir an Army base in VA, other than that I know nothing about what i will be doing and the like. (other than the short description on military . com)