PDA

View Full Version : Back from hell, if you have questions ask :)

CRuss92
02-07-12, 08:48 PM
Just graduated Friday the 3rd, feels great. I would write a bunch to all the poolees on here looking for information like I was but I want to enjoy my leave for now and not spend several hours writing out all the stuff that might help you through boot camp.

Pretty much, there are 3 big tips that stand out: First, give it all you have all of the time - what you put into it is what you get out of it, if you want to be a garbage recruit that slimes through then you probably wont learn very much you will just get crapped on for 3 months, if you put out you are still going to get crapped on but at least you might get a position of authority over other recruits and in the end you will get congratulated for your efforts, plus you will learn and grow more.

Second, from day 1 start trying to be a team player, put others before yourself, and don't worry about getting blasted or even IT'd for helping or encouraging other recruits, if you don't then after the matter you will just wish you were more of a team player (This is something that takes a while because everyone is selfish at first and people slowly start to loose that attitude, that's how I was as well).

Third, just accept the fact that it is going to suck and probably be the worse 3 months of your life up until this point, but know that in the end when you finish your 15k hike back from the crucible and they hand you your EGA, it is %100 worth having gone through 3 months of misery for. So pretty much, don't stress about how bad boot camp is going to be, because once you get there you will forget all the stuff you cared about people thinking about you, and also once you get there don't stress about it sucking, just relax (still try but don't take it personal) and take it chow to chow and sunday to sunday.

Oh, and work on your IST/PFT stuff before you go. I didn't have to learn this the hard way because I was already doing 17 pullups (20+ now), 100 crunches, and a 19 min 3 mile, but I saw other recruits not do so well and pay for it with lots of IT sessions. And learn your general orders BEFORE boot camp. Hope that stuff helps you out. But like I said I'm not going to go in detail on anything, just let me know if you have a specific question on anything and I'll be glad to answer it for you.

**Edit- I see everyone else do this so I thought I would list this as well:
SDI GySgt Miller
DI GySgt Hudman
DI GySgt Lopez
DI GySgt Garcia

Plt 2010 Honor Platoon

Lisa 23
02-07-12, 09:04 PM
Congrats on becoming a Marine :usmc: ......and welcome to the Marine Corps family!
Enjoy your leave home with family & friends.
PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to change your status to Marine.

Semper Fi Marine! :iwo:

Jshrz
02-13-12, 07:19 AM
Good job I am trying to shed pounds so that I'll be eligible before July when I turn 17. Just our of curiosity did a lot of people voluntarily withdraw from boot camp?

MunkyVsRobot
02-14-12, 08:53 PM
Good job I am trying to shed pounds so that I'll be eligible before July when I turn 17. Just our of curiosity did a lot of people voluntarily withdraw from boot camp?

What? You do realize you sign a contract stating you will serve your country for a certain amount of time. You dont just get to say ok guys this isnt for me id like to go home now. It isnt easy to just quit, if you are already talking about voluntarily withdrawing dont even bother youll be one of the kids who is drinking bleach by the end of first phase.

Jshrz
02-14-12, 09:07 PM
i was not saying that i was considering quitting whatsoever. i simply asked whether alot of people from the original posters class quit; i never said i was considering quitting at all. from what i have read people have quit because of injuries which they feel would make them unable to continue through the toughest basic training the us armed forces has to offer, and even then most of them cycle back through from what i have read.

linda1945
02-14-12, 09:15 PM
Congrats Marine!! Welcome to the Marine family! Semper Fi

MunkyVsRobot
02-14-12, 09:16 PM
you dont quit if you get medically separated thats up to the corpsman not the recruit. If they wanted to they could keep you there till you are healthy enough to return to training i know of some recruitsd that had been there for over 6 months and are still in MRP.

Rocky C
02-15-12, 07:24 AM
Congrats Corey.
Welcome to the Family Brother.

Semper Fi,
Rocky