PDA

View Full Version : Enlistment/Basic Question

scalper96
01-26-12, 07:39 PM
I've heard some things from non-military sources but I wanted to get some real Info. on the subject, If I enlist when I'm 17 (my junior year) would I be able to go to Boot Camp after my Junior year, then come home to finish Senior year, and if yes then how would it all work out. Thanks in advance.

Natadog
01-26-12, 07:41 PM
You need a Diploma or GED to goto boot camp I believe.

Nichols
01-26-12, 07:44 PM
I highly doubt that there is a program like this for the Marines considering how long boot camp is compared to the time you have off at the end of the school year. Here in Georgia you only get 2 months off after you're done which wouldn't allow you enough time to go to boot camp and then come back and finish school. I'd talk to a recruiter if you're really interested though.

FoxtrotOscar
01-26-12, 08:02 PM
There is absolutely "NO" program that exists like what you have described..

It's already been said before, Graduate and get that degree first...

Zulu 36
01-26-12, 08:26 PM
I think people confuse the Platoon Leader's Course and think it applies for enlisted boot camp too.

devilbones2
01-27-12, 02:35 AM
The army has a program where you can do this. The Marine Corps does not.

afraziaaaa
01-27-12, 08:08 AM
I've heard some things from non-military sources but I wanted to get some real Info. on the subject, If I enlist when I'm 17 (my junior year) would I be able to go to Boot Camp after my Junior year, then come home to finish Senior year, and if yes then how would it all work out. Thanks in advance.

No