PDA

View Full Version : Question about MOS Field

blakerockey
01-19-12, 04:22 PM
Good evening,

I have a question about my MOS field. I want to be a Combat Engineer so I got put in the CF MOS field which is for the 13 field MOS's and Combat Engineer is 1371 but I read somewhere that I can't get Combat Engineer with this MOS field.. can a Marine clarify this for me and which MOS field contains Combat Engineer if CF doesn't?

Thank you!

Parks
01-19-12, 09:04 PM
Read the contract. It will state which MOSs are included in that catagory.

blakerockey
01-20-12, 06:44 PM
Read the contract. It will state which MOSs are included in that catagory.

I've been enlisted since July and I've looked through my contract a few times.. says nothing about MOS's

Parks
01-20-12, 06:53 PM
Look closer.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa100/styxinen1/Contract.png

blakerockey
01-20-12, 06:58 PM
Look closer.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa100/styxinen1/Contract.png

Contracts look way different than that now.. when I went in I was open contract so that might be why it doesn't say anything but mine looks entirely different than that. Mine just has finger prints and then it's "biometrically signed" .. The only reason I can think of to why your contract looks different is that it might be ink when you sign the last time you go to MEPS before you ship to boot.. I don't know but mine doesn't have MOS on it and stuff like that. I know I'm the CF field, I was just wondering if the Combat Engineer MOS falls under it

Parks
01-20-12, 07:04 PM
What I showed you is considered the MOS portion of a contract. The one that is bio-metrically signed is the 3 (or 4) page document that is actually your agreement to serve a specific number of years in the Marine Corps. That will never have MOS information on it unless you're getting an incentive for that MOS (like a bonus contingent upon completing the school).

As far as I am aware, there is no "special" MOS SOU just for 1371. You sign an SOU understanding you can be assigned to any of the listed MOS fields. You may really want 1371, but I guarantee every 01 signed up to be a 44 too. You get what the Marine Corps decides to give you.

blakerockey
01-20-12, 07:07 PM
What I showed you is considered the MOS portion of a contract. The one that is bio-metrically signed is the 3 (or 4) page document that is actually your agreement to serve a specific number of years in the Marine Corps. That will never have MOS information on it unless you're getting an incentive for that MOS (like a bonus contingent upon completing the school).

As far as I am aware, there is no "special" MOS SOU just for 1371. You sign an SOU understanding you can be assigned to any of the listed MOS fields. You may really want 1371, but I guarantee every 01 signed up to be a 44 too. You get what the Marine Corps decides to give you.

I know there isn't a field just for 1371. But thank you for your help.. I didn't get the MOS portion of the contract. The biometrically signed part for me is page 1 and 2 but I think I didn't get the MOS part because I went in open contract. When all the slots opened up at the beginning of the fiscal year in October I got the field I wanted.