PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Officer

jahuski35
01-05-12, 02:18 PM
Hello Leathernecks, its been a while since my last post. Here is my next suggestion for my Marine Corps career. Go ahead and enlist in active duty and try to get into infantry ( i know its no guarantee.) Try to deploy as quick as possible, then go reserve and go to college. After college commission as an officer. I want some experience before i become an officer so i know what the men feel like under my command. One thing I am worried about though is using up my time in enlisted, when i could use those 3 or 4 years into my commission. Or I could go to college first, enlist and deploy, and then try to commission. What do you guys think? Anything would be helpful. Thank you and happy new years!

ammermda
01-05-12, 03:11 PM
My suggestion: go to college first, and then decide whether to enlist or pursue a commission.

Since college is already in your plans (admirable and wise, by the way), I'd encourage you to not make it more difficult for yourself my pursuing your degree part time. Go get the full-time college experience first -- you could always do a few years of college first, and then enlist and finish your degree while on active duty if you like.

Apache
01-05-12, 03:22 PM
Go to a college
Get a haircut

Rocky C
01-05-12, 03:28 PM
Go to a college
Get a haircut

:D

SGT7477
01-05-12, 04:09 PM
Hair should go first,Semper Fidelis.

Phantom Blooper
01-05-12, 05:42 PM
Hello Leathernecks, its been a while since my last post. Here is my next suggestion for my Marine Corps career. Go ahead and enlist in active duty and try to get into infantry ( i know its no guarantee.) Try to deploy as quick as possible, then go reserve and go to college. After college commission as an officer. I want some experience before i become an officer so i know what the men feel like under my command. One thing I am worried about though is using up my time in enlisted, when i could use those 3 or 4 years into my commission. Or I could go to college first, enlist and deploy, and then try to commission. What do you guys think? Anything would be helpful. Thank you and happy new years!

Can't nobody but you decide what is right for you...except YOU!

You been beating this bush since June......

Quit making plans on what you are going to do and then do nothing......

You would be suited to....go into politics.....form a committee....and see where you can go by advisement...and still get no where.

Shiat or get off the pot!

Hope this helps!

Zulu 36
01-05-12, 06:39 PM
I agree. This question has been asked and answered. Thread closed.