PDA

View Full Version : Switch from NROTC to PLC - need help

cpxander
01-03-12, 05:17 PM
Hi Marines,

Currently I am about to begin my second semester of NROTC Navy-Option at Miami University. I am not on scholarship. I have come to face it that I want to be a Marine Officer, and nothing less. I have several friends in the PLC program, and I really want to switch. I am an all in or out kinda guy. I would rather do my schooling and then do OCS in the summers and then start my career as Marine after graduation. I've realized that I want to do PLC over NROTC. Scholarships are scarce, and switching to Marine option isn't exactly the easiest thing. That, and I really would need to have a perfect PFT come pretty soon, which I'm not close to.

So my question is, does dropping NROTC Navy-option look bad for a PLC application? I left in good standing and with good grades, but I realized that I want to go PLC. My father (ex-Navy) is convinced that I will be shunned from the military, and that I'm making a huge mistake.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance. I need to switch over soon before the next semester.

afraziaaaa
01-03-12, 05:48 PM
Howdie gentlemen,

Currently I am about to begin my second semester of NROTC Navy-Option at Miami University. I am not on scholarship. I have come to face it that I want to be a Marine Officer, and nothing less. I have several friends in the PLC program, and I really want to switch. I am an all in or out kinda guy. I would rather do my schooling and then do OCS in the summers and then start my career as Marine after graduation. I've realized that I want to do PLC over NROTC. Scholarships are scarce, and switching to Marine option isn't exactly the easiest thing. That, and I really would need to have a perfect PFT come pretty soon, which I'm not close to.

So my question is, does dropping NROTC Navy-option look bad for a PLC application? I left in good standing and with good grades, but I realized that I want to go PLC. My father (ex-Navy) is convinced that I will be shunned from the military, and that I'm making a huge mistake.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance. I need to switch over soon before the next semester.

Go talk to your local OSO. This office will give you better advice than you will get here.

cpxander
01-03-12, 06:05 PM
Thank you, Staff Sergeant.

03Mike
01-04-12, 03:59 PM
If you are not on scholarship, there is nothing to preclude you from doing PLC while remaining in NROTC until the end of your sophmore year.