PDA

View Full Version : Recent Criminal charges

Giorgi
01-03-12, 12:30 PM
What is the best idea if (one) is a Poolee and aquires charges? Will this person immediately be kicked out of the Poolee's and unable to reenlist?

DrZ
01-03-12, 01:25 PM
Whomever goes and talks to their recruiter. Mans up to whatever stupid thing they did and the recruiter will tell whomever what to do from there. <br />
<br />
Depends on the charges.

Lisa 23
01-03-12, 02:39 PM
Tell this poolee that he/she needs to talk with his/her recruiter!!!!!!!!!!!

Zulu 36
01-03-12, 02:48 PM
Funny how this question pops up right after New Years. Seems to me it happens every year this time.

Rocky C
01-03-12, 02:50 PM
Funny how this question pops up right after New Years. Seems to me it happens every year this time.

You got that right Chris :thumbup:.

Lisa 23
01-03-12, 03:10 PM
OP cleared up the confussion on charges.

elliscraig12
01-03-12, 03:11 PM
How do you have a criminal history and not be guilty, or do you have a criminal history of not being guilty? An explanation would help.

Giorgi
01-03-12, 04:10 PM
Charged but not found guilty, sorry for confusion.

Lisa 23
01-03-12, 04:13 PM
Of what.........

afraziaaaa
01-03-12, 04:13 PM
Depends. What are the charges?

Giorgi
01-03-12, 04:15 PM
some senior prank, grafiti (defacing property) trespassing (afterhours)

afraziaaaa
01-03-12, 04:20 PM

Doesn't sound that bad. Man up and go tell your recruiter what you did. There are waivers for your type of situation, but don't you dare ask him for one. Just go in there in person and man up, and apologize to him. He may find forgiveness in his heart and try to help you if he believes in second chances.

Better to face the consequences now than to ship to boot camp and get caught for fraudulent enlistment and get kicked out.

I hope you learn something from this. The things some of us do as youngsters to try and be cool and popular really aren't that cool. What's cool is being mature, making something of yourself, and trying to give what you can to other people. Not defacing public property and costing taxpayers money.

Zulu 36
01-03-12, 04:22 PM

And how does that make one not guilty of doing these things?

Giorgi
01-03-12, 04:28 PM
Doesn't sound that bad. Man up and go tell your recruiter what you did. There are waivers for your type of situation, but don't you dare ask him for one. Just go in there in person and man up, and apologize to him. He may find forgiveness in his heart and try to help you if he believes in second chances.

Better to face the consequences now than to ship to boot camp and get caught for fraudulent enlistment and get kicked out.

I hope you learn something from this. The things some of us do as youngsters to try and be cool and popular really aren't that cool. What's cool is being mature, making something of yourself, and trying to give what you can to other people. Not defacing public property and costing taxpayers money.
Thank You Marine. All I've ever wanted to do was be a Marine.:flag:

Rocky C
01-03-12, 04:34 PM
And how does that make one not guilty of doing these things?

Admisstion of Guilt by OP but not Guilty ? I don't get it ?

afraziaaaa
01-03-12, 04:39 PM
All I've ever wanted to do was be a Marine.:flag:

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard an unqualified person speak those words...

Zulu 36
01-03-12, 04:43 PM
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard an unqualified person speak those words...

And if I had a dollar for every time I've heard "it was just a prank."

Zulu 36
01-03-12, 06:30 PM
Giorgi, I found that Dec 30, 2011 article in the Worcester Telegram & Gazette to be extremely enlightening, particularly the part about your mother.

If I were you, I would confess my sins to your recruiter and be prepared to not be accepted into the Marine Corps.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-12, 06:42 PM
Just got a request from the OP to delete the thread. However, after reading it, I want more information prior to doing so...

Is the OP guilty or not? Or did he cop a plea and get a reduced sentence?

Should I 'azzume' that there is more going on here?

Lisa 23
01-03-12, 06:51 PM
Sgt Lep....just sent you an email. You may want to check it out......

Oh, and Zulu........:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-12, 07:00 PM
Thanks. <br />
<br />
1: The title of the thread is going to be changed, as it's misleading. No charges have yet been adjudicated. <br />
<br />
2: Based on what I've read in said article, our errant lad will be...

Lisa 23
01-03-12, 07:17 PM
I get this feeling that Giorgi won't be around Leatherneck much anymore.

For those of you in the DEP, and you happen to get into trouble, be sure to tell your recruiter EVERY detail of your situation. If you lie.......they will find out and your sorry butt will be disharged from the DEP.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-12, 07:39 PM
Good idea, Lisa, but how about this revolutionary idea---don't get into trouble in the first place, if you're like many folks who have "always wanted to be a Marine since they were old enough to learn to talk".

And to reference THAT, see the sticky at the top of the 'Ask' section regarding things like this. \

We are done here.