PDA

View Full Version : recruitment road block

thompsonadam7
12-13-11, 02:20 PM
Hello I recently tried to join the Marines. I ran into a problem I had gotten into a little trouble when I was younger, i told the recruiter which caused me to have to get a few waivers. later he told me that what I told him wasnt on my record and I didnt need to tell him but since I did we had to do the waivers. now basically I have been doing paper work for a year and have backed off from joining. I still want to serve. can I go to a different recruiter and start fresh? maybe in another state? or is all my info saved and will show up. In no way am I trying to cheat my way in or lie. what I want to do Is answer the questions correctly this time and not volunteer info that the Marine Corps doesnt even want to know. I would like to thank any Marine who replies on this in advance for any info you give me good or bad, and thankyou for serving our country. I hope to earn the title soon and also serve the USA to the best of my ability.

thompsonadam7
12-13-11, 03:04 PM
well what is happening is they will say ok the higherups need this info for the waiver, I will go get it submit it then a week later he will say oh now they need you to go here and get this info from these other people. over and over again this has been going on for a year. I am in no way losing interest but it seems like the waiver instead of being denied is just being strung along. I feel like it is not getting approved and the recruiter even said it to. It is for an arrest of possesion of marijuana in which me being arrested was a complete accident I never had to go to court and the arrest was even corrected and erased. Hypotheticaly can I go to a different recruiter and meps station and start fresh or when they put in my social will it pop up with all the info I gave the first recruiter. I want to earn this title so bad

thompsonadam7
12-13-11, 03:13 PM
also when I get a background check by the state police nothing shows up. I have no arrest record at all

thompsonadam7
12-13-11, 05:14 PM
Thankyou very much. Only a few types of people would give this attention this fast to a complete stranger. I am glad to say that a Marine is that type of person. Lets keep our fingers crossed

thompsonadam7
12-13-11, 06:19 PM
Thankyou! oh and some more info I've been to meps got a 78 or 79 on avsab, also I did 13 pullups and almost triple the situps, and completely passed the physical inspection. when it came time to swear in I had to wait because of my waiver. Meps closed for the day so my recruiter picked me up. after that we continued to get paperwork for my waiver. Things just got strung along and I havent been able to go back to swear in. I was so close!!!!

thompsonadam7
12-13-11, 06:25 PM
Yes it is frustrating but I know that if I get lucky and get to swear in it will all be worth it

afraziaaaa
12-14-11, 08:43 AM
I sent you a PM. Disregard the city and state as I see that you are in Vernon, CT.

Are you trying to join the reserves? Those guys are taking very few, if any onto active duty.

afraziaaaa
12-14-11, 08:50 AM
Nevermind, I found you. You failed to mention your other charge, your two tickets and your daughter here. Those things make your waiver very complicated.

thompsonadam7
12-14-11, 11:03 AM
I am trying to get into active duty. <br />
<br />
I thought that it was the poss charge that was holding me back. as far as I know the other ones were approved

afraziaaaa
12-14-11, 11:08 AM
You are in the system under reserves my man. The other charges are approved at a lower level, but they make it more difficult for your possession waiver to get approved at a higher level. If you just...

Sgt Leprechaun
12-14-11, 08:09 PM
And there you have it. The more 'issues' there are....the more paperwork it requires, and the more people have to sign off on it. So it is what it is. Either you have the patience and ability to deal with that, or you don't, and will either go elsewhere (with all that baggage still draggin along, get ready to wait even longer as you start over) or you just quit.

chulaivet1966
12-20-11, 05:35 PM
(WHY is there always more to the story?)......

:D....

Carry on....back to topic.