PDA

View Full Version : Reenlisting Active from Reserves

HCBillich
12-11-11, 08:33 PM
My husband joined the usmc reserves right out of high school. I went to college and we both worked part time jobs, but are unable to make ends meet. We have two young daughters and live in public housing. It is nearing the end of my husbands contract and he started talking to recruiters about reenlisting as active duty rather than reserves. We have been getting many different stories. His career planner says he cant do anything for him until he is out of the marines. The local regular recruiter didnt know how to put in a package, and then referred him to a prior service recruiter who told him that there was no openings. This seems odd to me that they have no openings for him. He is willing to make a lat move if there is nothing available for his mos. (0431). He is okay either finishing his contract (another 6 months) and then reenlisting as active, or going active right away and cutting his reserve contract short, but now it sounds like neither is an option for us. He wants to make a career out of being in the marines, but now it doesnt even seem like they want to keep him. Any ideas?

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-11, 09:13 PM
Downsizing is going to start affecting every single Marine, and your husband is no exception to this. I'm going to move this to 'Ask a Marine' since more people who may be able to help you frequent there. Also, (and expect to hear this), these are questions HE should be asking at this point.

The local recruiter? He needs to go back to him, and if HE doesn't know how to put the package in, then ask to see his first line supervisor (the station SNCOIC) who can point him in the right direction. The prior service recruiter isn't correct at this point (as far as who to see). At least, that's my opinion, others might know something otherwise.

ALSO, this is locked until a profile is completed. Site rules. Once that is done, PM me and I'll unlock it. Otherwise it'll die here.

AND I see you've been a member and asked a similiar question back in 2009???? And still no profile or followup? Come ON.

Based on that I don't expect to hear much of anything. This will remain locked, likely forever.