PDA

View Full Version : 0913 Mos

MisterD
11-30-11, 10:19 AM
How would I be able to enlist and select Marines Combat Instructor for my MOS?

Zulu 36
11-30-11, 11:33 AM

You can't. That MOS isn't a primary, but a "B" Billet MOS like Drill Instructor, MSG, Recruiting, etc.

You have to have time in, apply, be selected, pass the school. How could you expect to be a combat instructor with no experience in the Corps?

thewookie
11-30-11, 01:08 PM

Why are you qualified?

chulaivet1966
11-30-11, 02:19 PM
Why are you qualified?

Zulu and thewookie....you stole my thunder.:)

To the OP.....I think you have the tail wagging the horse here.
First things first (zulu comments)....you have much to learn yet so maybe talk to your recruiter and determine if you are even qualified to be a recruit Marine.
Then maybe a recruiter will tell you what the USMC needs and you can decide from that juncture.

I'd suggest that your profile needs work also.

That's my take on it.....good luck.

Carry on....

MOS4429
11-30-11, 03:01 PM
Try reading this:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103170

MisterD
12-01-11, 09:34 AM
Why are you qualified?

I didn't say I was qualified. I want to be a Combat Instructor for my career. I'm a civilian still, looking at the Marines for my future. If you will read my post thoroughly, I was inquiring how to get that MOS, not posting my resume for a job interview.

thewookie
12-01-11, 09:37 AM
I didn't say I was qualified. I want to be a Combat Instructor for my career. I'm a civilian still, looking at the Marines for my future. If you will read my post thoroughly, I was inquiring how to get that MOS, not posting my resume for a job interview.

Yeah, I can read. Don't get smart with me.

"If I read your post thoroughly," really, your one sentence post. Clown.

My question still remains why are you qualified? You are not. The reason why I asked with my first post, before jumping on your case, was I was hoping maybe you would say you were some prior service guy with soooome type of combat experience, but you are not. You are a smart-azz nobody.

So why in the world would the worlds finest fighting force take a nobody and have them teach combat?

Zulu 36
12-01-11, 09:48 AM

Nobody gets this MOS for a career. It is a "B" Billet. You normally work in it for three-years then return to your primary MOS. You MIGHT get a second crack at it later, but more than likely as a SNCO supervising the instructors.

MisterD
12-01-11, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I can read. Don't get smart with me.

"If I read your post thoroughly," really, your one sentence post. Clown.

My question still remains why are you qualified? You are not. The reason why I asked with my first post, before jumping on your case, was I was hoping maybe you would say you were some prior service guy with soooome type of combat experience, but you are not. You are a smart-azz nobody.

So why in the world would the worlds finest fighting force take a nobody and have them teach combat?

Christ you don't know how to read. That's what I want to do for my career. All I did was ask a question because that's what I'm interested in doing. What was so wrong about that? I don't want to run in and start that my first day, obviously I would need lots of training to do that job efficiently.

MisterD
12-01-11, 09:54 AM
Nobody gets this MOS for a career. It is a "B" Billet. You normally work in it for three-years then return to your primary MOS. You MIGHT get a second crack at it later, but more than likely as a SNCO supervising the instructors.

Thank you. Basically it would be like the Drill Instructor thing where you do it for a period of time and then resume your regular MOS? At least someone on here tries to help instead of criticize for no reason.

thewookie
12-01-11, 09:55 AM

Try reading your first post again,,, you said enlist and select CI -- you didn't say anything about being a CI down the road.

Enlist and select CI MOS -- not happening.

MisterD
12-01-11, 09:59 AM
Try reading your first post again,,, you said enlist and select CI -- you didn't say anything about being a CI down the road.

Enlist and select CI MOS -- not happening.

Yes, how would I be able to get combat instructor for my MOS, I've done enough reasearch to know it wouldn't just be a walk in there and train recruits sort of thing.
If the whole argument thing is because you thought I meant I should just get to be a teacher without learning anything myself I apologize. I didn't mean to say that but that's apparently how it came off.

thewookie
12-01-11, 10:04 AM
Yes, how would I be able to get combat instructor for my MOS, I've done enough reasearch to know it wouldn't just be a walk in there and train recruits sort of thing.
If the whole argument thing is because you thought I meant I should just get to be a teacher without learning anything myself I apologize. I didn't mean to say that but that's apparently how it came off.

Good luck. Be clear with what you want and how you say it.

I'm not the only person who thought what I thought - if that makes any sense. :)

MisterD
12-01-11, 10:31 AM
Good luck. Be clear with what you want and how you say it.

I'm not the only person who thought what I thought - if that makes any sense. :)

Yeah, I saw chulaivet1966's post as well. I just skipped over it since it really had no relevance. Obviously I am qualified to be a Marine otherwise I wouldn't be enlisting this coming summer. I'm talking to recruiters almost weekly only thing I need to do before then is get my high school diploma which I will have before February is over.

Conch
12-01-11, 01:00 PM
Christ you don't know how to read. That's what I want to do for my career. All I did was ask a question because that's what I'm interested in doing. What was so wrong about that? I don't want to run in and start that my first day, obviously I would need lots of training to do that job efficiently.

Bahaha I think someone is gonna get booted from the site for this smartass post.

Plus you cannot be a Combat Instructor as a career. It's not a career MOS. As others said, you will be in this MOS for 3 years at most, then go back to something else.

Also if you have no combat experience in the Infantry, how do you think the Marine Corps will allow you to be a 0913? Think genius...

Conch
12-01-11, 01:17 PM
Oh ya, one other thing, you gotta be at least an E-5 to even get into that MOS.

thewookie
12-01-11, 02:38 PM
how do you think the Marine Corps will allow you to be a 0913?

He knows that, didn't you read? ;):p

MisterD
12-01-11, 02:39 PM
He knows that, didn't you read? ;):p

No doubt. Someone just posts without reading.

elliscraig12
12-01-11, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I saw chulaivet1966's post as well. I just skipped over it since it really had no relevance. Obviously I am qualified to be a Marine otherwise I wouldn't be enlisting this coming summer. I'm talking to recruiters almost weekly only thing I need to do before then is get my high school diploma which I will have before February is over.You're qualified to go to Boot Camp, you won't be a Marine until you graduate. You can talk to the recruiters until the cows come home. Until you earn the right like everybody else, you're just a pool(ee). You need to show more respect to these Marines who have earned the right.

Conch
12-01-11, 03:52 PM
No doubt. Someone just posts without reading.

Yes I did read it thank you, but your stupidity and apparent total and complete lack of respect for some Marines makes me sick.

Never fear though, your DI at Boot Camp (if you make it there) will make sure you are put in your place real quick.

MisterD
12-01-11, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry you all get so offened over everything I say, I'll just quit posting or having questions. WHile I'm at it I'll just forego the enlistment and quit breathing while I'm at it.

Zulu 36
12-01-11, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry you all get so offened over everything I say, I'll just quit posting or having questions. WHile I'm at it I'll just forego the enlistment and quit breathing while I'm at it.

I'm afraid you are going to have a tough time in the Marine Corps if you are this thin skinned. I've told Poolees before, being a Marine is a full-contact sport. If you can't take it here, you won't make it there with a DI in your grill.

MisterD
12-01-11, 04:53 PM
I'm afraid you are going to have a tough time in the Marine Corps if you are this thin skinned. I've told Poolees before, being a Marine is a full-contact sport. If you can't take it here, you won't make it there with a DI in your grill.

No, it's not that everybody just keeps jumping down my throat for stupid crud. Mainly the disrespect junk they keep slinging.

Zulu 36
12-01-11, 05:01 PM
No, it's not that everybody just keeps jumping down my throat for stupid crud. Mainly the disrespect junk they keep slinging.

You can't get into the War Room. You should see how Marines talk to each other. Everything in this thread is Kindergarten stuff.

Conch
12-01-11, 07:10 PM

That's your decision. Right now, you are a disrespectful person, and you are going to have a very hard time in boot camp and throughout your career if you have this kind of attitude and you get so touchy over everything. I don't mean just a hard time in the Marines, but in any branch of the Military. No one is going to put up with that in the Military.

MisterD
12-01-11, 10:25 PM
That's your decision. Right now, you are a disrespectful person, and you are going to have a very hard time in boot camp and throughout your career if you have this kind of attitude and you get so touchy over everything. I don't mean just a hard time in the Marines, but in any branch of the Military. No one is going to put up with that in the Military.

I literally did a facepalm. Y'all can just keep saying how disrespectful I am but how many of you can say that you actually thanked any person who has served anytime you see them? Go ahead and keep saying how disrespectful I am, I really don't care anymore. I know who and what I am, and people who know me will say the same.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-01-11, 11:39 PM
Hey, jackwagon....

1: READ THE SITE RULES. Then read 'em again.

2: Attitude gets you tossed. Period. You don't rate to have attitude or disrespect a MARINE no matter who you are or what you 'plan' to do. Period.

3: I don't give a rip how many 'people you've thanked'. This is OUR house. I wouldn't come into your house and crap on the carpet, then expect you to be happy about it, now, would I? So don't do it to US, either. Most of us here deal with wannabees ALL the time. 90 percent of them are respectful. 10 percent aren't.

You realize that you are coming across, even if unintended, as a smartazz to MEN far more Senior in age, rank, time in service, and time in grade than you?

4: Your first post in this thread invited negative commentary. When you got it, you took the wrong path.

5: Had you read the rules, you would have noted that this particular section is geared towards getting the wannabee THROUGH recruit training, and general questions along those lines. 'Career' type questions such as yours are outside our realm for the most part. This is a question to be asked when you've reached your 2 & 1/2 year mark in the Fleet and are looking to reenlist. In other words, you are putting the cart before the horse.

30 days in the box. IF you return, I expect a complete attitude change. Otherwise, I have neither the time, nor the inclination, to deal with you and you'll be gone forever. The only reason I'm not permabanning you is that you seem articulate (unlike many others) and may have the potential to have some sense. Use your time wisely to READ and LEARN how things work here.

The helos have so extracted.

Conch
12-02-11, 01:13 AM
I literally did a facepalm. Y'all can just keep saying how disrespectful I am but how many of you can say that you actually thanked any person who has served anytime you see them? Go ahead and keep saying how disrespectful I am, I really don't care anymore. I know who and what I am, and people who know me will say the same.

Haha ok, I'll look forward to hearing from you in 30 days when your ban is up.

:marine:

MOS4429
12-02-11, 04:57 PM

Dear MisterD:

Please accept my apology on behalf of all these ol' crotchety Marines. It is so sad to hear them speak to you in such an unkind manner. :cry:

Rest assured that each has been duly scolded and sent to their little sad chairs for a five-minute timeout.

I was appalled that men with a collective total of 65 years of military service would dare be so disrespectful to a man of your vast years of experience. :scared: Shame, shame.

Please understand that should you choose to join the Marine Corps that your drill instructors will treat you with the utmost respect. If they should happen to slip and offend you ever so slightly, you will be able to activate your "stress card" and be allowed the requisite 15-minute de-stress time and access to the bumper room where tranquil music is played and soft, fluffy pillows abound.

Your D.I.s will ensure they never raise their voices such that it startles you, and peradventure they do, each D.I. carries and allows recruits access to their pay-as-you-go, Recruit-Call-Home phone.

In the future, while visiting this site you experience such offensive conduct, try clicking on the two words in the upper right corner of your screen.

Sincerely,

A Kinder, Gentler Marine

:angel:

JoshLittle
12-02-11, 05:17 PM
Dear MisterD:

Please accept my apology on behalf of all these ol' crotchety Marines. It is so sad to hear them speak to you in such an unkind manner. :cry:

Rest assured that each has been duly scolded and sent to their little sad chairs for a five-minute timeout.

I was appalled that men with a collective total of 65 years of military service would dare be so disrespectful to a man of your vast years of experience. :scared: Shame, shame.

Please understand that should you choose to join the Marine Corps that your drill instructors will treat you with the utmost respect. If they should happen to slip and offend you ever so slightly, you will be able to activate your "stress card" and be allowed the requisite 15-minute de-stress time and access to the bumper room where tranquil music is played and soft, fluffy pillows abound.

Your D.I.s will ensure they never raise their voices such that it startles you, and peradventure they do, each D.I. carries and allows recruits access to their pay-as-you-go, Recruit-Call-Home phone.

In the future, while visiting this site you experience such offensive conduct, try clicking on the two words in the upper right corner of your screen.

Sincerely,

A Kinder, Gentler Marine

I lol'ed at this post. Maybe he should feel out a "Hurt Feelings Sheet".

Conch
12-02-11, 07:00 PM
Dear MisterD:

Sincerely,

A Kinder, Gentler Marine

Bahahaha awesome.

blackshirts
12-04-11, 03:38 PM
This kid almost has his HS diploma, guys. Very impressive. You shouldn't be taking him for some fool who hasn't done anything with his life. How rude.

Zulu 36
12-04-11, 03:42 PM
What surprised me is he thought I was the nice guy. I'm losing my touch.:(

MOS4429
12-05-11, 12:53 PM

LOL! Yeah, you better head back for a refresher course!

thewookie
12-05-11, 01:35 PM
Meh, I don't think you are losing your touch. It's like the different leadership styles or using a combination of them. This was the good cop/Marine bad cop/Marine thing,, with me playing the bad one. Sometimes I like to be the good one, too -- but being the bad one is sooooo much fun. :bunny: