PDA

View Full Version : Infantry to MP

MotorT92
11-13-11, 04:43 PM
Well, my original ship date to MCRD was 050712 with the original mos Infantry and now my RSS has changed my ship date to 121211, with getting this earlier ship date my mos had to change and so it got changed to Military Police. I know i will sound like most poolees but my original goal was to go infantry and eventually go out for scout sniper, but now with this mos change the goal has kind of been pushed away. What exactly comes with being an MP? Basic Patrolling around military bases? If i don't like it in the end will i be able to switch? I guess i just want to know what being an MP is all about, I heard infantrymen don't exactly like MP's.

Thanks for any help,
Poolee Travis Chaloux

Lisa 23
11-13-11, 04:45 PM
First, do a search on the site for MP's...it's been covered before.
Second, PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to move this to the Ask A Marine forum........most Marines aren't allowed to post in the poolee forum.

E4O
11-21-11, 09:11 PM
Well, my original ship date to MCRD was 050712 with the original mos Infantry and now my RSS has changed my ship date to 121211, with getting this earlier ship date my mos had to change and so it got changed to Military Police. I know i will sound like most poolees but my original goal was to go infantry and eventually go out for scout sniper, but now with this mos change the goal has kind of been pushed away. What exactly comes with being an MP? Basic Patrolling around military bases? If i don't like it in the end will i be able to switch? I guess i just want to know what being an MP is all about, I heard infantrymen don't exactly like MP's.

Thanks for any help,
Poolee Travis Chaloux

MP's carry the duties of military law enforcement and base security. At times overseas, they will conduct armed convoys. Some Marine dislike MP's for personal reasons.
If you want to switch MOS's in your enlistment term- good luck. It generally doesn't happen. If you want infantry, then stick with your original ship date if possible. Why change your shipping date if it's gonna screw you from getting the mos you wanted?