PDA

View Full Version : What's life like deployed?

JesusFreakTD17
11-09-11, 05:48 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for reading!

It's been on my mind what Marines do for entertainment when deployed, primarily Afghanistan? You work your job, then what? This question also goes for those who aren't deployed, stationed somewhere like 29 Palms or Camp Pendleton.

P.S. My MOS is 5811, and I leave 20120712; so if you're also 5811 I'd really appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

-Tim

Zulu 36
11-10-11, 06:51 AM
Hey everyone, thanks for reading!

It's been on my mind what Marines do for entertainment when deployed, primarily Afghanistan? You work your job, then what? This question also goes for those who aren't deployed, stationed somewhere like 29 Palms or Camp Pendleton.

P.S. My MOS is 5811, and I leave 20120712; so if you're also 5811 I'd really appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

-Tim

Are you a Reservist? If not, how do you know you will be a 5811?

Also, please use the site search function for this topic. I know it has been covered before as I made several comments about it on various related threads. If the search doesn't answer your questions, come on back.

JesusFreakTD17
11-11-11, 02:54 PM
No, I'll be going active. And I know I'll be 5811 because that's what I signed for.

And I already used the search function, that's why I posted this. If you could link me to the posts you're talking about I'd appreciate it.

Zulu 36
11-11-11, 03:46 PM
No, I'll be going active. And I know I'll be 5811 because that's what I signed for.

And I already used the search function, that's why I posted this. If you could link me to the posts you're talking about I'd appreciate it.

I'm curious as to when the Active Duty Marine Corps started signing contracts with specific MOSs instead of occupational fields, i.e., 58xx.

When asking questions here, it is a good idea to tell us that you have already used search without results or without adequate results.

Here is one link. There are more, you have to look for them:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106370&highlight=field+MP