PDA

View Full Version : Security Forces confusion

Babyback54
11-08-11, 03:11 PM
Hello Marines, DEP's, fellow Wannabes my name is Justin, I am a 16 year old Junior in High school, I live in the South Bay of California. I ****ed around my Freshman year and was kicked out of my...

Babyback54
02-01-12, 02:56 PM
Hello Marines/ Poolees/ fellow Wannabes. I turn 17 next month and finish my Junior year of high school in 2 months, so its time I start to speak with a Recruiter. Anyways I am interested in the 03xx, specifically 0331. My first idea was to just DEP into 03xx field and do my time. But I have been researching A LOT on the topic of Security Forces(8152) specifically FAST company, and from what I have gathered there is two contracts the UV and UW (UV- being for PRP or FAST company.) and then (UW being for Marine Corps Barracks 8th & I OR FAST company/ PRP.) Both are 5 year contract and after 24 months of Security Forces you get moved into a 03xx unit which is what I originally wanted to do. I would like to join Security Forces for the training options that I've been reading about (It seems from what I have read that Security Force guys have more of a chance to get a seat into the high speed schools, were as its much harder for a regular grunt to get a seat into these school.) Very sorry if I am wrong on this information. Now this is were I am very confused, I have read on some topics that it is very hard for somebody that has not been in the 03xx field to get into FAST, BUT it is possible just very slim. My question is would it better my chances of getting into FAST company for me to DEP with the UW/UZ contract and work my ass off to standout, OR to DEP with 03xx and then apply for Security Forces after awhile and hope I get picked. My hope is to get into FAST so I can do all these schools and teach my peers some things when it comes time to move into a 03xx unit, but honestly I would be happy doing anything as long as I have the title Marine. I am very sorry again if any of this information is wrong, OR has been answered. I have read high and low on Leatherneck, with no luck on the answer to my question. Also sorry if this is long and drawn out, I would just like to have somewhat of an idea of a plan before I bug my recruiter and waste his/hers time. Thank you for your time and Service, and have a great day!

Lisa 23
02-01-12, 03:05 PM
I merged both of your topics together so the Marines here know a bit more about you so they can better answer your questions.

Babyback54
02-01-12, 04:29 PM
Thank you very much Ma'am.

thewookie
02-01-12, 04:45 PM
Both are 5 year contract and after 24 months of Security Forces you get moved into a 03xx unit which is what I originally wanted to do.

Yes, correct.

Security Force guys have more of a chance to get a seat into the high speed schools, were as its much harder for a regular grunt to get a seat into these school.Correct.

I have read on some topics that it is very hard for somebody that has not been in the 03xx field to get into FAST, BUT it is possible just very slim.Correct, possible, but not easy and it takes the right combination of a hard charging Marine and command approval.

My question is would it better my chances of getting into FAST company for me to DEP with the UW/UZ contract and work my ass off to standout, OR to DEP with 03xx and then apply for Security Forces after awhile and hope I get pickedYes, to question one.

For question two, if you DEP as an 03 (plain and simple 03 contract) then (assuming you are active and not reserve) you are going to the fleet, as an 03 -- and you will remain there until you get out, or reenlist. You can't go the fleet as a boot 03, and then along the way apply to MCSF/FAST. It just doesn't work that way. It's something you can do when you first enter, or when you reenlist.

My hope is to get into FAST so I can do all these schools and teach my peers some things when it comes time to move into a 03xx unit, but honestly I would be happy doing anything as long as I have the title Marine.This is the absolute right attitude to have. A lot of getting schools is luck, and also your ability to be humble about it and then bring the knowledge back your peers.

Good luck

Babyback54
02-01-12, 05:04 PM
Thank you very much Sir for your speedy reply, and clearing all of my confusion! Take care.