PDA

View Full Version : I Am A Prior Service Recruiter!

jeepinguy
11-07-11, 11:32 PM
Ok,
Ive been reading a bit here about how some are trying to come back in, and are running into some "substandard" 8411's.
I cant help EVERYONE, but i can provide you with a little over 3 years of experiance as a PSR.
Hit me up here and i will do what i can for you.
In the past i have been able to give IRR Marines a list of documents to walk into a PSR office with, in order to let them know that you are serious. Ive also been able to pinpoint WHY you are being ignored, and how to overcome any "drawbacks"

Before i am overwhealmed you need to disclose your....

Re enlistment code-located in the lower right hand corner of your DD-214
Height
Weight
Male or Female
geographic location
date gaps if Sgt or above

If this information is sensitive because you are a DADT or popped on a whizz quiz, (or anything of the sort) feel free to PM me. but i may take a bit longer to respond to those.

***PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY PII HERE***

tag= prior service recruiter reserve irr active reserve program ar PSEP

devilbones2
11-09-11, 02:05 AM
Do you have visibility on packages that have been submitted to HQMC for a waiver?

NeverQuit
11-09-11, 07:41 AM
Can you tell me the odds of being able to Augment for a deployment?

jeepinguy
11-10-11, 12:06 AM
never quit- i answered your PM
devil bones- if they are from my district i do.

Marinefelon
11-12-11, 10:40 AM
jeepinguy

I just took an IMA detachment to Wounded Warrior Bn ... I am a non ob reservist. I am an 0311 Sgt and am trying to get with an Infantry BN to get over to Afghanistan. Can you point me in the right direction? My orders end on June 1st but I can de-mob whenever. If you can help me find something for the late spring/ summer that would be IDEAL but whatever you can work please shoot me some info.

MOS: 0311
Yrs of Service: 7
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 181
Tattoos: 4 All tasteful Marine Corps tattoos. One on each shoulder blade. One on each inner bicep
RE Code: 1A
Sex: Male
Date Gaps: None

jeepinguy
11-12-11, 10:54 AM
Felon,
Is your IMA w WWBN a mobalized billet?
If so, consider yourself VERY lucky.
I will check my deploying billet tracker when i get back to the office.
Keep this in mind tho..... A few people went out of thier way to qualify and screen you. Im almost cerain that you were not the only one applying for the billet that you landed. With that being said, leaving mid tour would pretty much be giving your billet sponsor the shaft when you left. IF you left to chase a deploying billet. Its alot like saying " thanks for your time, but im outta here because i got a better gig". On occasion, leders kinda expect that kinda stuff from 1st term Marines, but not from a seasoned Sgt.
I realize that you are after an Afghan billet. I just hope you made it clear to those that were involved in your WWBN process.
If i were you, i would ride it out with WWBN, and make the most of it. This will afford you an opportunity to function outside of the 0311 field, and get a fitness report that shows you are able to Lead Marines in any environment. At the same time, you are drawing ACDU pay and entitlements.
i will shoot you a PM with the afghan rotation schedule on Mon or Tues. for spring summer

ReferMec
11-15-11, 08:31 AM
Jeepinguy-

Re enlistment code-located in the lower right hand corner of your DD-214 =1A
Age =32
Tattoos =Moto Tat on Upper Arm / Last Name On mY Back
Height = 6
Weight = 200
Male or Female = Male
geographic location = New England
date gaps if Sgt or above = Corporal

Hi I have turned 32. I have read all about the constructive age. However I have a decent job and got out in 02 and my IA obligation ended in 06.

I am very happy in my civilian life however I am missing the Corps. I keep reading up and was curious on.

Getting into the reserves I noticed they have a duty station within a hour that has my prior MOS.

Also would it be wise to try and re-enlist into the Inactive component then switch to reserves. (Sorry I read somewhere around here about that) Is this still a option.

Thank You Very Much-

Semper Fi

Marinefelon
11-15-11, 09:46 PM
Jeepinguy

Waiting for that deployment rotation email... thanks

SMK05
11-21-11, 11:57 AM
RE-1A
Age 25
Tattoos None
Height 6'5
Weight 200
Male
geographic location south Dakota
Corporal

CPLGivens
11-21-11, 01:16 PM
RE-1A
Tattoos on lower legs and upper arms
5'6"
165#
Male
Western Kentucky
Corporal
been out since 2000

ddfoye
11-21-11, 02:21 PM
I am interested in returning to service, either Active or Reserve or ????

Re enlistment code-1A
Age-34
Tattoos-none
Height-74in
Weight-185
Male
geographic location - San Diego CA
ended active duty 11/2002 as E4, "promoted" to E5 while on IRR
IRR ended 07/2010

2161USMCR
11-26-11, 06:44 PM
I'm a Drilling Reservist Lcpl, about to marry a freshly minted Marine on her Boot Leave, and want to go on Active Reserve to make it easier for us to be together.

I need information on currently available Active Reserve billets, especially MOS 3451. I've spoken to two PSR's and have received contradictory word. On Nov 14, I spoke with the PSR who recruits in the district where my Unit is located, and he stated that there are available spaces within the AR program to retrain a 2161 to a 3451. As I do not reside within that district, he placed me into contact with the PSR for my home district. I have spoken with the PSR for my home district and he states 1) that the AR program does not retrain (even though the MarAdmin states that Lat moves are available) and 2) that all billets have been filled.

Outside of my home district PSR, how can I go about finding out whether there are available 3451 billets? And, if there are billets still available, how should I go about working with the PSR for my home district?

Drilling Reservist
Tattoos: 5
Height: 76"
Weight: 200
Male
geographic location: Peoria Illinois

jeepinguy
11-28-11, 07:45 PM
All, for some reason the leatherneck website has been blocked by my work internet. Provider. As luck would have it I am in the middle of a move and do not have internet at home anymore. As I sit waiting on the bus typing away at my prehistoric cell phone I am unable to answer these questions in a timely manner. I should be able to Ger to them in a few weeks. 2161usmcr.... your Psr is leads than stellar to suggest that the ar doesn't retrain.

sparkie
11-28-11, 08:15 PM
Jeepnee,,,,, I have an A1, I did 6 total and would like to bust back in. I'm 60 now but will bring my own ammo. My smokin may keep me outta the run. And my coughin may hold me outta the ambush. Still my AR 15 is good to go. I'm a damm good backup and don't mind dying much these days. Hook me up. Thanks, kid.

EmbassyMarine
11-28-11, 11:24 PM
RE-1A
Age - 32 in Dec.
Tattoos - Right tricep (Name) & Upper back (Tribal)
75"
Male
San Antonio, TX
Separated 11/30/2003 as an E-5

TS clearance is good until 2013. Interested in the 0211 MOS in the Reserves. The Aurora, CO unit looks to be the best bet with direct flights.

Frankydp
11-30-11, 10:43 PM
Embassy

You will have to complete an inperson interview with the gaining unit, whichever it is.

That is preceded by a research paper, hand written bio, DLAB score, typing test, and a plethora of paper work from your SRB.

My point is that you may be better served to associate with a local unit and use them to bring your annual stuff up to date.

It is possible to join direct but you will have to be completely proactive in making contact with the CIs of the joining unit in order to be screened. A Prior Service Recruiter can not submit to fill an 0211 BIC without the screening letter.

I have completed this process and it is 99.99% on you. You will only need the PSR for the last .01 percent of the process.

Frank
www.killfoot.com (http://www.killfoot.com)

EmbassyMarine
12-01-11, 11:58 PM
Embassy

You will have to complete an inperson interview with the gaining unit, whichever it is.

That is preceded by a research paper, hand written bio, DLAB score, typing test, and a plethora of paper work from your SRB.

My point is that you may be better served to associate with a local unit and use them to bring your annual stuff up to date.

It is possible to join direct but you will have to be completely proactive in making contact with the CIs of the joining unit in order to be screened. A Prior Service Recruiter can not submit to fill an 0211 BIC without the screening letter.

I have completed this process and it is 99.99% on you. You will only need the PSR for the last .01 percent of the process.

Frank
www.killfoot.com (http://www.killfoot.com)

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

sid0309
12-02-11, 01:29 AM
RE-1A <br />
24 <br />
No Tattoos <br />
69&quot; <br />
145lbs <br />
Male <br />
San Diego, CA <br />
discharged as a Cpl picked up Sgt in the irr <br />
5811/5819

fjmas1976
12-04-11, 07:31 PM
Ok,
Ive been reading a bit here about how some are trying to come back in, and are running into some "substandard" 8411's.
I cant help EVERYONE, but i can provide you with a little over 3 years of experiance as a PSR.
Hit me up here and i will do what i can for you.
In the past i have been able to give IRR Marines a list of documents to walk into a PSR office with, in order to let them know that you are serious. Ive also been able to pinpoint WHY you are being ignored, and how to overcome any "drawbacks"

Before i am overwhealmed you need to disclose your....

Re enlistment code-located in the lower right hand corner of your DD-214
Height
Weight
Male or Female
geographic location
date gaps if Sgt or above

If this information is sensitive because you are a DADT or popped on a whizz quiz, (or anything of the sort) feel free to PM me. but i may take a bit longer to respond to those.

***PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY PII HERE***

tag= prior service recruiter reserve irr active reserve program ar PSEP
PM sent

Sgt Rheude
12-06-11, 08:05 PM
Well Devil Dogs all I can say as seasoned Sgt that got out in Aug 1996 with a RE-1A and one NIP never stop trying. On Nov 21 2011 I was sworn in and reenlisted into the reserves it took a year and a half and life if work on my part. I also have to do a lat move to MOS 5711.

Supersquishy
12-07-11, 05:02 AM
Well Devil Dogs all I can say as seasoned Sgt that got out in Aug 1996 with a RE-1A and one NIP never stop trying. On Nov 21 2011 I was sworn in and reenlisted into the reserves it took a year and a half and life if work on my part. I also have to do a lat move to MOS 5711.

I'm living proof that can be done too.

Congrats Sgt Rheude, feels good to be back doesn't it!

masonea
12-27-11, 09:25 AM
PM Sent.

fjmas1976
12-27-11, 09:39 AM
I sent a PM weeks ago. No response.

devilbones2
12-30-11, 07:02 AM
I sent a PM weeks ago. No response.
I think he said he was in the process of moving, didnt have internet access at home and it was blocked at work.

JAGarland
01-02-12, 09:29 AM
What is the age cut off with 5 years Active duty? I am 34.

Quinbo
01-02-12, 01:02 PM
Go for it JAG! The actual constructive age cut off is 28 for active and 29 for reserves. Your constructive age is your actual age minus your years of active service. With 5 years of service your constructive age is 29.

Operator
01-04-12, 05:29 AM
Any chance of getting back in MSOB after a half sleeve? 0321 Recon Marine, want to come back to 1st MSOB got out after 4.5 years in 08. 28 yrs old, SGT

jeepinguy
01-11-12, 11:31 PM
I still dont have internet at my new place yet

LASINC
02-02-12, 12:03 PM
I still dont have internet at my new place yet

I hope you have internet now. I just sent you a PM.

Thanks

jeepinguy
02-09-12, 10:41 PM
I dont unless I conmect directly to the modem on top of the refrigerstor

Erickp21
02-21-12, 08:05 PM
27 years old with 5 years active duty
No tattoos
69 Inches
195 pounds
Male
Mos was 6483 however I was attached to a 6482 work center 90% of what was in my training jacket was for 6482 gear from what I have been told all 6482s became 6469s I still have my training jacket by the way
I am located in buffalo ny
And was e-4 promoted to e-5 in irr which ended in January of 2011

I do have a very good job and a nice life as a civilian however, I have felt like lately something is missing and every time I set my cup on my usmc eagle globe and anchor coaster I get nostalgic and miss everymoment of it. Not to mention when I stop and look at all these people I work with and deal with on a daily basis it makes me sick just how they act and treat themselves no care or respect I don't want to be around it anymore. I want to get back into active duty and this as far as I have gone so far what do I need to do? Thanks for the help.

C4isfun21
05-07-12, 05:53 PM
I'm just curious about the role of the prior service recruiter. I'm in the IRR and working on my IRR reenlistment with MOBCOM. Seperately, I'm working with the PSR at my old reserve unit to pursue a lat move to 0321 and go back into the SMCR. Is this something the PSR is responsible for or should I be talking to the career planner instead?

jeepinguy
05-08-12, 09:58 AM
The Psr can extend you up to one year in order to join a unit. The mobcom career can reenlist you up to three years. If you are retraining thru the psr, the psr can get you three years of obligated time.

kennyblewski
08-06-12, 12:11 PM
Age - 23
Tattoos - None
Height - 6'1 (73 inches)
Weight - 200lbs
Male
Sacramento, CA

Got out as a CPL in July of 2011.
No NJP's, Page 11's or anything like that.
MOS was Crash Fire Rescue (7051).

cucinae5
08-07-12, 01:20 PM
I am currently in the SMCR and an E-5. I am getting ready to hopefully submit a package for AR, but want to also know what my options are for Active. I am open to either one. I am currently an 0313 but was an 0311.

Thanks.

jeepinguy
09-03-12, 03:14 PM
I am no longer a PSR.

thewookie
09-04-12, 07:48 AM
I am no longer a PSR.

Any chance of you informing your replacement about this site/thread? It's been beneficial to many and I'd like to see somebody (a PSR) step back in and help.

Thanks for the help.

Good luck

Huntley2336
10-03-12, 11:30 PM
Regarding PSEP Packages, I had my interview with the C.O of the San Diego RS and he's going to endorse it. Just wondering if you might know how further up the chain this package has to go and where exactly?

Showtime
04-18-13, 01:25 AM
Been out since November 5, 2011. Started trying to come back in 2 weeks after I got out but no luck. Got out due to child in hospital in GA while I was stationed in 29 palms. I call every month to check if the Corps is accepting prior service. I have a good job but just wanna go back to my life style...

Re enlistment code-RE-1A
Tattoos: One on back (I cry but I shed No tears)
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 144
Male
Savannah, Ga
Corporal

Huntley2336
04-18-13, 09:48 AM
I'm a reservist that just got back on Active Duty on April 3rd. For those that are interested in trying to get back in, email me at huntley@delorean.net. I have the PSEP checklist of everything you'll need and I'll give you some tips about some personal obstacles I had to go over. I did 4 years active, went into the reserves and became an EOD Tech, did the reserves for 2.5 years with MWSS-473 at Miramar. Right now I'm on Recruiter's Assistance at RSS Clairemont in San Diego until I get orders to where they want to send me.

SgtT42
06-01-13, 01:50 PM
I'm a reservist that just got back on Active Duty on April 3rd. For those that are interested in trying to get back in, email me at huntley@delorean.net. I have the PSEP checklist of everything you'll need and I'll give you some tips about some personal obstacles I had to go over. I did 4 years active, went into the reserves and became an EOD Tech, did the reserves for 2.5 years with MWSS-473 at Miramar. Right now I'm on Recruiter's Assistance at RSS Clairemont in San Diego until I get orders to where they want to send me.

I shot you an email. Also feel free to PM on here.

JonesGySgt
09-12-13, 02:33 PM
Huntley2336
Here is one for the books. Active duty base date is Aug 1982, I left active duty, March 1995 as a Staff Sergeant. Joined IRR unit for 15 months then got out. So I have approximately 14 years good time. I was promoted to Gunnery Sergeant while in the IRR. I have been out (Completely out) since December 1999. I have an RE Code of RE-1 No bad paper, Navy Com Medal and 3 Navy Achievement Medals along with Gulf War Medals . I have a great job that pays six figures in sunny Los Angeles, I should be happy. But I want back in. I'd like to finish out my six year and the very least because I truly miss the big green machine. I’m 49 now, in great shape. I need a reality check from my Brothers in Arms. Anyone feel free to comment, help a Gunny out, DO I HAVE A SHOT?. Semper Fi.

devilbones2
09-13-13, 05:57 AM
Huntley2336
Here is one for the books. Active duty base date is Aug 1982, I left active duty, March 1995 as a Staff Sergeant. Joined IRR unit for 15 months then got out. So I have approximately 14 years good time. I was promoted to Gunnery Sergeant while in the IRR. I have been out (Completely out) since December 1999. I have an RE Code of RE-1 No bad paper, Navy Com Medal and 3 Navy Achievement Medals along with Gulf War Medals . I have a great job that pays six figures in sunny Los Angeles, I should be happy. But I want back in. I'd like to finish out my six year and the very least because I truly miss the big green machine. I’m 49 now, in great shape. I need a reality check from my Brothers in Arms. Anyone feel free to comment, help a Gunny out, DO I HAVE A SHOT?. Semper Fi.

Your constructive age must be under 32. 49-14=35 so sorry Gunny, I dont think you will qualify.

JonesGySgt
09-13-13, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the info devilbones2. So they don't make a waiver for those 3 years? Heartbreak. Would a prior service recuriter (PSR) work with me on this or am I disquailified from even making the attempt. You know we Marines are hard-headed. "If you can't eat it, break it"

jaf8511
09-14-13, 02:52 PM
jeepinguy,

RE Code: 1A
Full sleeve on right arm (had it when I was on AD), sun and tribal band on left upper arm, USMC w/ bulldog on right calf.
68" 165 lbs.
Male
North Carolina

Been wrestling with this for a long time. Want to get into the reserves. 12 years active duty, should have stayed in the reserves when I got off AD but didn't. I have been out since Jan. 08. Any chance I get a reserve spot?

jaf8511
09-14-13, 03:11 PM
Obviously I failed to read the post date on the beginning of this thread. So if anyone out there has info, please help me out.

ianmusto
09-16-13, 05:54 PM
I would also appreciate any information on returning to active duty.

RE-1A
Age - 24
Tattoos - full sleeve right arm, two tattoos left forearm
65''
Male
Detroit, MI
EAS- 20110812
got out as a corporal, promoted to E-5 in IRR
I'm still in the IRR for about another year and a half

PSR Gy Miller
10-09-13, 02:15 PM
Gentlemen,( Marines )
I am an 8412 with Eastern Recruiting Region, Prior Service Recruiting. I noticed the 8411 who began this thread has since left the recruiting realm and moved on to greener pastures. I would be happy to answer any and all questions you may have regarding the Marine Corps Reserves. It has been some time since some of these messages have been posted so feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions and I will respond as soon as possible.

Rocky C
10-12-13, 09:40 AM
Outstanding and welcome to the forum.

Former0621
12-09-13, 01:07 PM
PSR Gy Miller, <br />
I am currently attempting to re-enlist with an RE-3P. I left service at the end of my contract with an honorable discharge. I recently discovered this code after contacting a PSR in...

Rocky C
12-09-13, 04:16 PM
With the downsizing of the Marine Corps, they are only taking the &quot; Best of the Best &quot; <br />
<br />
Getting back in prior service is almost slim to none not to mention your service record. <br />
<br />
When you EASed...

bgsuwoody
12-13-13, 03:09 PM
Already Musto lol. Should have stayed in.

Quinbo
12-14-13, 12:06 PM
Good to see the Sergeants stripes bugs. You should come around more often.

ianmusto
12-16-13, 06:52 PM
tell me about it, the grass is greener