PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Enlistment?

PART PILO
10-30-11, 11:44 PM
Before I sign my contract I would like to know how it will be known that I qualify for advanced enlistment. I have a HS diploma and more than 15 college credits. From what I have acquired, this will guarentee me PFC out of boot camp. I just need to know if this will be mentioned somewhere on the contract as I do not want to be "screwed out" of this opportunity. Thanks in advance.

Beltayn
10-30-11, 11:52 PM
Yes, it should be specifically written in your contract.

As a clarification, often recruiters will have you sign a general enlistment contract (no MOS, i.e. an "open contract") in order to get you officially in the system and will have you sign a replacement contract with your MOS and bonus information and any other incentives (such as contract PFC) afterwards once they have had time to process it.
So don't panic if the initial thing you sign doesn't have all this stuff. You aren't bound by these contracts anyway, you can back out right up until you arrive at boot camp.

However, make sure you are mentioning that you rate this in your contract to your recruiter, and staying on them. If you go to MEPS and the stuff you are asked to sign doesn't have it in it, that is the point where you should start asking what the heck is going on.

PART PILO
10-30-11, 11:59 PM
OK very good. I have had a few setbacks in the enlistment process and my recruiter said I will be going to MEPS soon to sign and pick my MOS. He said no open contract. I just wanted to be sure it was listed on there somewhere. Thank you.

MOS4429
10-31-11, 03:34 PM
If it is not in the contract, it is not binding. What is in writing is your contract, not what is orally spoken.

Just remember that a contract is binding between two parties. No one can force one party into a contract. Sometimes we hear, "my recruiter made me..." No, nobody forces another to sign a contract.

Before you sign, ask that any special provisions or guarantees be pointed out to you prior to signing.

afraziaaaa
11-01-11, 10:29 AM
Before I sign my contract I would like to know how it will be known that I qualify for advanced enlistment. I have a HS diploma and more than 15 college credits. From what I have acquired, this will guarentee me PFC out of boot camp. I just need to know if this will be mentioned somewhere on the contract as I do not want to be "screwed out" of this opportunity. Thanks in advance.

It will be on your DD form 1966 (page 4) before you ship to recruit training. It is the MEPS liaision's responsibility (usually) and not your recruiter's responsibility to ensure that the correct statement is on there.

Make sure you bring your official college transcript to your recruiter so he can send you up to MEPS with it. Also, if your GPA is below 2.0, no PFC for you.

Nobody is out to screw you out of anything.