PDA

View Full Version : SOI Question

williamstamato
10-29-11, 03:59 PM
good afternoon Marines, i recently graduated MCRDPI on 14 October 2011, and am proud to call myself Marine (awaiting a status change from a moderator)

I report to SOI East, Camp Geiger on Monday and just have a question on what will happen on day one when i check in, i have looked all over the net and the forums for a good description but good not find a good one.

So what will happen on check in day? Will i get a full physical again like the one i did at meps prior to shipping to Parris Island? (i know i will get a urinalysis, got briefed on that part at boot camp) Kuz that whole thing is a real pain in the A** lol. Will I recieve all my gear that day? Just wondering if a Marine who currently went through SOI can shed some light on the whole day 1 process for me so i know what to expect.

Thank you for your time.

SEMPER FI:usmc:

Yonkers
10-30-11, 01:14 AM
They'll check you into medical and dental, then they'll take your SRB. It's not gonna be a full physical.. it's just gonna be a simple check in process. They will make you do basic movements of your arms and legs to see if you can do them without dying.. then continue.

Yes, you'll get a urinalysis, but you will not receive all your gear for awhile.

Basically to sum up SOI... it's going to be a long time it seems... last year in december when they shut the base down n we were out on the range.. that was the most miserable cold time of my life... I would've gone thru boot 3 times over again to avoid going through that again... You'll learn some good stuff there, but there is a lot of down time. Try to be a spounge like always, learn from every Marine you come in contact with.

williamstamato
10-30-11, 10:49 PM
They'll check you into medical and dental, then they'll take your SRB. It's not gonna be a full physical.. it's just gonna be a simple check in process. They will make you do basic movements of your arms and legs to see if you can do them without dying.. then continue.

Yes, you'll get a urinalysis, but you will not receive all your gear for awhile.

Basically to sum up SOI... it's going to be a long time it seems... last year in december when they shut the base down n we were out on the range.. that was the most miserable cold time of my life... I would've gone thru boot 3 times over again to avoid going through that again... You'll learn some good stuff there, but there is a lot of down time. Try to be a spounge like always, learn from every Marine you come in contact with.

Thanks for the info LCpl! Wish me luck!