PDA

View Full Version : Need help to become a PT stud!

jymireyes
10-27-11, 07:53 PM
As of now I can do 17 pull-ups 85 crunches and have a 11:45 mile and a half. I want to increase them to at least 20 pull-ups 100+ crunches and a 10:00 mile and a half. Any more would be better but I need some help to at least reach my personal minimum. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Crusader0451
10-27-11, 09:29 PM
As of now I can do 17 pull-ups 85 crunches and have a 11:45 mile and a half. I want to increase them to at least 20 pull-ups 100+ crunches and a 10:00 mile and a half. Any more would be better but I need some help to at least reach my personal minimum. Any help is greatly appreciated!
You can find an awesome pull up program on here, think the thread is call Recon Ron Pull Up Program, click on it and read the DI's program, it also hits crunches.

As far as the run, I just started doing this: Warm up mile run about a 7:30, then do a quarter mile sprints with 3min rest in between. Do AT LEAST 4 sprints and they should all be under 1:30.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I'm going to do the month before I ship...

The Boot Camp Theory.

Every day do 4 max sets of every exercise you wish to increase, do this for ten days, no rest days, then take three days off and find your new max rep and start again.

My .02

Lisa 23
10-27-11, 09:31 PM
Do a search on the site....this has been covered many times before.

jymireyes
10-27-11, 10:11 PM
You can find an awesome pull up program on here, think the thread is call Recon Ron Pull Up Program, click on it and read the DI's program, it also hits crunches.

As far as the run, I just started doing this: Warm up mile run about a 7:30, then do a quarter mile sprints with 3min rest in between. Do AT LEAST 4 sprints and they should all be under 1:30.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I'm going to do the month before I ship...

The Boot Camp Theory.

Every day do 4 max sets of every exercise you wish to increase, do this for ten days, no rest days, then take three days off and find your new max rep and start again.

My .02

Thanks crusader hopefully this will help me improve!

Crusader0451
10-28-11, 12:35 AM
Thanks crusader hopefully this will help me improve!
Hell yea man, stay moto!

DForbes
10-30-11, 03:59 PM
http://www.chicagomarineofficer.com/Downloads/PT/thearmstrongworkout.pdf

This is a good workout for pull-ups but what I found helped me the most was changing grips. I used to do pull-ups with palms facing my body which was really just using my biceps; I switched to palms out and went way down in my numbers, but when I built up the additional muscles that grip uses I was able to do more pull-ups and even more yet when I go back to palms in.
For pull-ups and run time just keep doing it and it will improve; on the run make sure you're running farther than the distance you wish to improve time for. If you want to improve a PFT 3 mile, run 4,5,6 or more miles.
Lastly for crunches, when I started I was at 70 in 2 minutes, I'm at 164 now. Do 2 minute crunches multiple times a day and in addition to this, do in-and-outs. In-and-outs are when you lay on one side of your body, left side to start, and put your left arm flat on the ground. Raise your legs together into the air 6 inches and then bring you chest and your legs together. This might be hard to understand without seeing but it works the side of your abs. Do the left side and then the right side for either time or number. Remember that when it hurts, that's when it's helping so be sure to go way past the point when the burn begins.
Good luck!