PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp Major Holidays and Birthdays

ITL16
09-26-11, 06:46 PM
Hello Marines, I was just wondering if you can be shipped out to bootcamp and while in bootcamp can a major holiday come up (Christmas MLK.Jr. Day Presidents Day Valentines Day) and if so what happens do you go about your daily rountine or do they take a couple minutes out of the schedule to wish everyone a Happy.... or a Merry..... and also what happens if you are shipped out and its your birthday during the middle of the three months or its the Marines Birthday or do the plan it all out so none of this happens? Thanks!

Apache
09-26-11, 07:19 PM
A completed profile might be a good thing

Phantom Blooper
09-26-11, 07:21 PM
Can't answer for today...but in my time holidays were just days....counting down from TD 1.

You may get a little more free time on Christmas....

GunRock0811
09-27-11, 12:28 AM
I was there for the Marine Corps Birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. The only difference I noticed was better chow, especially for the Marine Corps Birthday. Christmas, we didn't really do much besides drill and go over knowledge.

This was the end of 05 and very begining of 06 though. Not too long ago, but things may have changed.

lamanognr86
09-27-11, 07:26 AM
I guess it wasn't that brutal back then. Most Americans don't even get that kind of luxury in the civilian life. :)

awbrown1462
09-27-11, 07:58 AM
was there for the 4th of July the only fireworks I saw where the ones coming from my joints as we did bends and motherf*ckers

Yonkers
09-27-11, 08:19 AM
basically you do your sunday routine... if it's the birthday then you may get some good food at the chowhall... but other then that... it's business as usual. (All depends on your platoon)

MOS4429
09-27-11, 12:02 PM
When I was in...OH, STILL NO PROFILE.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-27-11, 03:58 PM
No profile, no answers.