PDA

View Full Version : Surgery and MEPS

jebadiah1011
09-19-11, 12:45 PM
Hi my name is Zack. I was wondering about a surgery I had. I had surgery on my right femur to remove all hardware that was put in three years ago due to breaking my right femur on april 14 2011. I have been waiting to hear back for clearence to Meps now for 3 weeks. I was wondering if on October 14, 2011 that would be needed to wait to get permission since it will be 6 months after my surgery and I will have no disqualifictaions.

YLDNDN6
09-19-11, 05:22 PM
I would not count on hearing or learning anything further about your situation until AFTER the 6 months is up. At that time, you will probably be asked to get something from your doctor stating that you are all healed up and that he/she does not foresee any future problems with that specific condition. At that point, the hurry up and wait begins. Keep your recruiter in the loop, but do not press the issue, as the time limit has not passed. Believe me, if you are Marine material your recruiter already knows it, and you will be depped, mepped and shipped at the earliest possible date.

jebadiah1011
09-20-11, 10:57 AM
Thank you. I recently got all my med documents and a letter stating from the doctor I am fully healed and saying I am ready for military service with no limitations. Recruiter sent it out. Will doctors at MEPS basically hold it until 6 months is up? Not sure if you know this either but when the earliest ship dates are for boot camp on the east coast.

Zulu 36
09-20-11, 02:55 PM
Thank you. I recently got all my med documents and a letter stating from the doctor I am fully healed and saying I am ready for military service with no limitations. Recruiter sent it out. Will doctors at MEPS basically hold it until 6 months is up? Not sure if you know this either but when the earliest ship dates are for boot camp on the east coast.

It probably isn't MEPS holding this up, it's BUMED (Navy Bureau of Medicine). They have the primary say on medical waivers.

jebadiah1011
09-21-11, 12:06 PM
Thank you. Hopefully they let me know soon. I cant wait to get started.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-21-11, 09:19 PM
Deleted until a profile appears. READ THE RULES