PDA

View Full Version : Update from poolee to Marine?

USMC030393
09-15-11, 09:20 AM
Good morning everybody. I just graduated from Parris Island Sept. 9th, 1st Bn. Bravo Co!

As for my question, how do I change my status from poolee/dep to Marine? Sorry for my first question as a Marine being something basic such as this, but I found nothing in searching the website.

Thanks for all your help, Semper Fi!

P.S. I almost miss boot camp already...nothing like DIs at 0300 :evilgrin:!!

Lisa 23
09-15-11, 10:04 AM
Congrats on becoming a Marine :usmc:....and welcome to the Marine Corps family!
PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to change your status for you.
Enjoy your leave home with family & friends.

Semper Fi Marine! :iwo:

gkmoz
09-15-11, 10:25 AM
Semper Fi Marine :flag: when did you start and what plt # ? Moz

USMC030393
09-15-11, 10:31 AM
Semper Fi Marine :flag: when did you start and what plt # ? Moz

Shipped out June 13th, platoon 1067. Also got accepted for Presidential Support Duty while down there. Not sure on any specifics of that MOS, since they could only tell me so much, but it was an offer I could not turn down.

USMC030393
09-15-11, 10:52 AM
That is quite an honor in itself, wow.

Thank you very much, all I know is that the schooling is about 15 months (max) total and the job itself consists of long hours and is tough. It is something I am doing for the experience and the Corps :flag:. ...Plus it is a once in a lifetime opportunity haha

Lisa 23
09-15-11, 11:03 AM
Shipped out June 13th, platoon 1067. Also got accepted for Presidential Support Duty while down there. Not sure on any specifics of that MOS, since they could only tell me so much, but it was an offer I could not turn down.

Thank you very much, all I know is that the schooling is about 15 months (max) total and the job itself consists of long hours and is tough. It is something I am doing for the experience and the Corps :flag:. ...Plus it is a once in a lifetime opportunity haha

OUTSTANDING!!! Best of luck to you!

Rocky C
09-15-11, 11:12 AM
OUTSTANDING Marine !!!
Best of Luck to You.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

MOS4429
09-15-11, 12:10 PM
Congratulations, Marine!

Know what you mean by you almost miss boot camp. Routine can almost be comforting! Ha-ha.

USMC030393
09-15-11, 12:21 PM
I disagree with you, and I hardly ever do--we see eye to eye 99.9% of the time, but I must say that I don't miss boot camp at all. LOL.

I know it's crazy talk...but walking around on firewatch listening to recruits scream "AYE SIR!" and snap to attention in their sleep makes the nights somewhat entertaining...we even had one recruit sprint to line screaming "aye sir!" and stood there for a min or so before we decided to wake him up...

MOS4429
09-15-11, 08:26 PM
I disagree with you, and I hardly ever do--we see eye to eye 99.9% of the time, but I must say that I don't miss boot camp at all. LOL.

"almost" was the operative word.

Just bends and thrusts begin!

:D

MOS4429
09-16-11, 01:30 PM
May I do just ONE? One only? and even that might have to be completed in stages throughout the day

:D

Well, I've got the bend and the thrust down. Now how in the H do I get back up?

:scared: