PDA

View Full Version : MCSF PRP and MOS Help

Sweeney10
09-13-11, 08:40 PM
I am Currently in the Delayed entry Program in my Senior year of Highschool. I was looking into Combat Support(CE) and Security forces(UV) as MOSs.

My recruiter got me a UW security forces PRP contract and basically told me it was Guarding the President and Top Secret Clearance,he told me I could change it at any time right now because I'll be in the DEP for awhile and so I jumped on it and Signed the UW Security forces contract. I've Done a lot of Research on the PRP and the security forces and basically every says PRP is just TS clearance guarding nukes and staying stateside and is not fun and Security forces can just be a glorified Firewatch for 2 years. And i know F.A.S.T cant be guaranteed and I thought it would help in Law enforcement but I hear it doesn't. But I do really like the idea of Combat Support with the Tanks and AAVs and I really like vehicles so I was leaning towards it. I kinda dream of staying in for a long time and getting experienced in the Tank or AAV field.

So Should Go with Combat Support? It sounds like a good field and seeing how I hear bad things about UW Security forces PRP. Yes,I have searched this site and multiple others im just looking for input.

Any Input or Help would be Appreciated.

YLDNDN6
09-14-11, 12:43 PM
I'm not going to try to steer you one way or the other. What I am going to do is tell you that whatever you decide to do, do it with professionalism and passion. No matter what field you get into, you will only get out of it what you put into it. This is the Marines, not Wendy's or Walmart. There is more at stake here than progressing through the ranks and through MOS changes. There is no such thing as the perfect enlistment. Your time in the Corps will be frought with difficulties, tests of your abilities and willingness to adapt, and times when you wonder why you are even there. Getting the job you want does not guarantee satisfaction. Just do what you think is right, and make the best of it from there.

Sweeney10
09-14-11, 08:39 PM
The Response wasn't exactly what I was looking for....but at the same time I loved it,Made me think deep about the career and the Corps.I worry to much about things and so forth and so I just should go with what I feel is right and things will fall into place,Thank you.

If anyone still has Advice im still up for Suggestions.