PDA

View Full Version : Question on officer contracts

Thunderbolt33
09-09-11, 10:12 PM
Good Evening,Marines.

As mentioned in one of my previous posts,Im interested in becoming a Marine officer after obtaining my bachelor's degree.To be more specifically,Im hoping to be some day a naval aviator.

Now,in a separate site,I was told the following:"When you get your commission you have a 4 year contract, after flight school you will sign a new contract for another 6 years, that is 6 years from the date you got your wings, not 6 on top of the 4.So that would mean if you got through flight school in 1 year then you would be doing 7...".

My question is -- Say I were to sign a 6-year contract as a naval aviator.Also,say that it takes me around 1 year to receive all of my flight training.Would this mean that my 1 year in training would be deducted from my 6-year contract or is what the person quoted said correct - that I would have to do 1 year on training plus the other 6 years of active duty in my contract?

PS:Sorry if this question has been asked before,but I tried looking and couldn't find any post that was related to this topic.

Thanks in advance - Thunderbolt.

ammermda
09-11-11, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure that anyone besides a Naval Aviator will be able to answer this question; and I only know of one that frequents this site. I'd advise you to contact the OSO (officer selections officer) in your district. I know that's not exactly the answer you're looking for, but that's the best I can do for you.

Thunderbolt33
09-12-11, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure that anyone besides a Naval Aviator will be able to answer this question; and I only know of one that frequents this site. I'd advise you to contact the OSO (officer selections officer) in your district. I know that's not exactly the answer you're looking for, but that's the best I can do for you.

Thanks ammermda.I know my question is hard to answer because of the low number of pilots on this site but I appreciate your effort nonetheless.