PDA

View Full Version : My Medical PDQ Dilemma

KurtJD
08-17-11, 01:05 PM
Hello Marines. To make a long story short, I went up to MEPS the other day and passed everything with flying colors... except there was sugar in my urine. Therefore, the doctor PDQ'd me because he was worried I might have diabetes. However, this didn't make sense since I have no family history of diabetes and never had sugar in my urine before.

Anyway, I went to a doctor a couple days ago and, what do you know, there was absolutely no sugar in my urine and my blood work came back fine, and the doctor said I do not have diabetes. So I'm thinking there was some error or fluke with the urine test.

Now my question is, if I get a note from my doctor saying I'm fine, and get all the paper work confirming I don't have diabetes, will I have a chance of getting in? My recruiter says yes, but this is also the man who was telling people with felonies that they could get a waiver which, though technically might be possible, pretty much doesn't happen nowadays. I'm just looking to see if anyone was in a similar position as me and managed to get in with no problems.

03Mike
08-17-11, 01:31 PM
Talk to your recruiter and see if you can get another MEPS physical. There may be a waiting period before he can send you back, but normally for something like that they would send you for some kind of follow up test. They may well take you back for a second physical - but, of course, your recruiter will have to set that up.

Good luck.

SSgt Lamie
08-18-11, 11:59 AM
Get all of the records from the DR visit that you had with the urine and blood tests and have your Recruiter resubmit them to MEPS.