PDA

View Full Version : Dislocated Shoulder after MEPs

Salient
08-16-11, 02:40 PM
I went to MEPs in July and passed the physical fine. I have an issue with my diploma (I'm currently considered homeschooled) that I'm working out right now but everything with that should be fine. I dislocated my left shoulder in football yesterday and am getting an MRI to see if I need surgery or have a small fracture. If my issue with the diploma gets worked out, I would be good to go to DEP in September or October.

Now, would my shoulder disqualify me even if I feel fine and have full range of motion and strength? Would the possible minor fracture or surgery alone disqualify me too? If I heal fine, should I not tell my recruiter? Thanks.

Lisa 23
08-16-11, 03:43 PM
Not to come across like smart a$$, but recruiters and the folks at MEPS can answer this better for you than we can.
And....DO NOT LIE about your injured shoulder when you do talk with a recruiter face-to-face no matter how much he/she tells you to. If it requires a waiver, then get one.

There are no doctors frequenting this website. If you have a medical question that hasn’t already been answered by searching the forums, you’ll have to contact a recruiting office. If they cannot answer your question, you may be directed to a medical representative from MEPS.

Again, read that one carefully. We are Marines (and a few Corpsman). We are not doctors. Medical questions will usually be answered by someone cutting and pasting a section from the about.com website. We cannot explain why your waiver was denied and someone elses was granted. Sorry but that's the way THAT is, too.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103170