PDA

View Full Version : Combat Engineer?

Rockyd2
08-04-11, 02:09 PM
Any Marines here have the Combat Engineer MOS? I was wondering how it worked out for you.

teamshadowzero
08-04-11, 04:44 PM
Yeh. I do. I love it. Good times unless you're building mgb's

Rockyd2
08-04-11, 04:50 PM
What did you personally do teamshadow? May I also ask what a mgb is?

teamshadowzero
08-05-11, 08:08 PM
MGB = medium girder bridge. It's a primarily hand-built bridge that's then set to launch by way of a pushing vehicle. It can be fun or pesky depending on conditions. Its good stuff though. I belong to a reserve bridge company. We do a lot of bridging work (floating and land-locked), boating operations, construction work of all kinds, infantry-related tactics (since we do route clearance and mine-sweeping work), and some other various activities depending on the needs.

I, myself, am a basic combat engineer, licensed bridge erection boat operator, licensed MRAP operator, and trained zodiac RIB operator/maintainer. I also work as a mechanic outside the Corps, so my tampering with the different machines in my unit isn't frowned upon by motor-T and HE. I'm also one of the ones that helps out with boat maintenance regularly. That being said, remember, it's all about situational needs

LJ27
08-07-11, 08:25 PM
I'm a engineer. There's 3 type of engineers..wingers, esb, and division which is males only. Im division...we mainly only handle route clearance. Not what I expected when I came here but its my job. I like my MOS because we're like the jack of all trades but route clearance is dangerous.

teamshadowzero
08-09-11, 07:51 PM
I'm a engineer. There's 3 type of engineers..wingers, esb, and division which is males only. Im division...we mainly only handle route clearance. Not what I expected when I came here but its my job. I like my MOS because we're like the jack of all trades but route clearance is dangerous.

Come to the ESB side. Submit to the force. haha