PDA

View Full Version : An injury while in the DEP

Bayou22
06-19-11, 08:21 PM
Hi about a month ago I hurt my wrist from moving some heavy objects. It still has some sort of pain when I dead hang from a pull up bar. A doctor recommended I get an MRI just to be on the safe side. If I get an MRI, and everything seems to be fine, how does this effect one in the DEP? Obviously I need to talk to my recruiter. But would I need to be cleared by a doctor before recruit training? Anybody have any expierences with injuries in the DEP?

btw I don't ship till December.

Thanks!

Dutch 44
06-19-11, 08:38 PM
like always only a recruiter can give you the straight deal

93Reaper
06-19-11, 10:00 PM
A fellow poolee of mine had surgery on the tendon in his wrist. I think he said he just needs a waiver now and his hip date got pushed back of course. I'm sure you'll be fine even if you also need surgery, hopefully it doesn't come to that.

shatheman91
06-21-11, 04:34 PM
This POOL (ee) HALL board kind of makes me mad that all anyone can say is "UH only a recruiter can tell you, No that is not true. I had a someone at the station broke his leg and nothing was documented so it stayed under the table and left his ship date alone. It depends if its going to affect you that your recruiter will document it. If the injury will last til when u ship it needs to be documented, but as my recruiters always say. Think long and hard before you tell us that kinda stuff. If its not going to affect your recruit training then I would say leave it unspoken. I know im going to get blasted on these forums but I don't care. I hope that helped dude.

robbyj
06-21-11, 11:35 PM
Hi about a month ago I hurt my wrist from moving some heavy objects. It still has some sort of pain when I dead hang from a pull up bar. A doctor recommended I get an MRI just to be on the safe side. If I get an MRI, and everything seems to be fine, how does this effect one in the DEP? Obviously I need to talk to my recruiter. But would I need to be cleared by a doctor before recruit training? Anybody have any expierences with injuries in the DEP?

btw I don't ship till December.

Thanks!

I would rest it and stretch it and see how it feels after a week of light activity.

Dutch 44
06-22-11, 02:04 PM
This POOL (ee) HALL board kind of makes me mad that all anyone can say is "UH only a recruiter can tell you, No that is not true. I had a someone at the station broke his leg and nothing was documented so it stayed under the table and left his ship date alone. It depends if its going to affect you that your recruiter will document it. If the injury will last til when u ship it needs to be documented, but as my recruiters always say. Think long and hard before you tell us that kinda stuff. If its not going to affect your recruit training then I would say leave it unspoken. I know im going to get blasted on these forums but I don't care. I hope that helped dude.

UH, you just confirmed what i said, obviously its going to vary between recruiters so you telling this guy an example of what happened to someone at your station isnt going to tell him whats going to happen at his station.

Nichols
06-22-11, 03:22 PM
Just tell your recruiter if it keeps bothering you. Seeing as you don`t ship until December anyways you`ll have ample amount of time to get your wrist fixed and get a waiver approved before you have to ship.

robbyj
06-24-11, 11:53 PM
UH, you just confirmed what i said, obviously its going to vary between recruiters so you telling this guy an example of what happened to someone at your station isnt going to tell him whats going to happen at his station.

Pwned!