PDA

View Full Version : waiver Question

Eg760
06-16-11, 09:28 PM
first off i want to thank all you marines for all your services.
that being said i have question for yall,

ok so i talked to a recruiter the other day and he said that i need 15 college credits to enlist because my high school diploma wasn't accredited and so my question is do you still need a waiver after you get those 15 college credits? i've tried finding an answer but i keep getting different answers.

i read that,"An individual with 15 college credits, earned towards a degree, is considered a Tier I regardless of high school/grammar school education completed.. No GED required.."but i also read that you need a waiver even after you get 15 college credits but if you need waiver that would mean you are in a tier 2 right? so basically my question is, do you or do you not need a waiver if you have a Alternative/Continuation High School diploma and 15 college credits?

Sgt Leprechaun
06-16-11, 09:37 PM
1: Grammar! Read our rules located in the top of the forum.

2: You'll need a waiver, yes.

3: You've already spoken to a recruiter. Why do you think he is telling you bum scoop? He's not. You'll need the credits. Even if someone here said "No you don't" do you think HQMC or the recruiter is just going to go "Oh, the Marine on Leatherneck said he doesn't need them, good to go!". Doesn't work that way. You've been told what you need, so DO it.

4: "Marines" is capitalized. Always.

afraziaaaa
06-17-11, 07:24 AM
first off i want to thank all you marines for all your services.
that being said i have question for yall,

ok so i talked to a recruiter the other day and he said that i need 15 college credits to enlist because my high school diploma wasn't accredited and so my question is do you still need a waiver after you get those 15 college credits? i've tried finding an answer but i keep getting different answers.

i read that,"An individual with 15 college credits, earned towards a degree, is considered a Tier I regardless of high school/grammar school education completed.. No GED required.."but i also read that you need a waiver even after you get 15 college credits but if you need waiver that would mean you are in a tier 2 right? so basically my question is, do you or do you not need a waiver if you have a Alternative/Continuation High School diploma and 15 college credits?

Tier I applicants do not need an education waiver. After 15 college credits, you become tier I. If an applicant who is already a tier I (regular high school graduate or higher) has 15 or more college credits with a GPA of 2.2 or higher, then that applicant will rate a promotion.

It doesn't matter if you never went to school a day in your life prior to college. Once you get 15 credits, you are golden.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-20-11, 05:04 PM
OUTstanding! Thanks SSgt, for clearing that one up.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-20-11, 05:07 PM
Locked, and that portion of the answer added to our 'GED waiver' sticky.