PDA

View Full Version : Banking while in boot camp.

PNW2011
06-15-11, 03:32 PM
Good afternoon Marines,

I was at the bank yesterday depositing some checks and they were wondering about boot camp, after talking with an employee who is actually in my state's National Guard she mentioned that her husband was a Marine. It was nice talking to someone in the civilian world who actually understood something about the recruitment process. Anyways, she gave me a direct deposit form and told me I should bring it to boot camp with me.

I was aware that we signed up for Navy Federal while in boot camp, can recruits have their funds deposited into their personal accounts, or will I just have to wire it from one to the other when I'm on boot leave?

I searched through a couple threads but most of them were related to bill pay.

Thanks.

afraziaaaa
06-15-11, 03:41 PM
Good afternoon Marines,

I was at the bank yesterday depositing some checks and they were wondering about boot camp, after talking with an employee who is actually in my state's National Guard she mentioned that her husband was a Marine. It was nice talking to someone in the civilian world who actually understood something about the recruitment process. Anyways, she gave me a direct deposit form and told me I should bring it to boot camp with me.

I was aware that we signed up for Navy Federal while in boot camp, can recruits have their funds deposited into their personal accounts, or will I just have to wire it from one to the other when I'm on boot leave?

I searched through a couple threads but most of them were related to bill pay.

Thanks.

Are you active or reserve?

PNW2011
06-15-11, 04:03 PM
Haha neither ssgt.

I'm a poolee still, I'm going active though.

afraziaaaa
06-15-11, 04:07 PM
Haha neither ssgt.

I'm a poolee still, I'm going active though.

Good. I am glad you at least understood what I was getting at. I highly recommend that you switch over to Navy Fed as they are everywhere where Marines are.

If you currently bank with JoeBlow Bank, you will be hard pressed to get your money when you are on a two year tour in Okinawa.

To answer your question, MCRD will set up an account for you and you will have to transfer your direct deposit to your current bank after you graduate recruit training should you choose to stick with them.

PNW2011
06-15-11, 04:19 PM
Okay, I thought all Marines were required to be with Navy Fed for their time in. I'm with Wells Fargo, looks like a decision to make down the road. I'm just trying to get my finances in order before I leave. Thank you for the help.