PDA

View Full Version : 18xx field questions

Tyber33
06-14-11, 07:47 PM
I'm looking to being a 1833 or 12 whatever i get ill be fine with really, but right now 1833 can anyone tell me what you do on a day-to-day basis of being an aav crew man? If your 1812 then you post in here too and tell me about your job the more knowledge the better you'll be preparing me! Thank you.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-16-11, 12:45 AM
You ride around in armored vehicles, transport Marines to and from places, and then when the day is done, you fix/repair things that got broke while you were riding around.

That's it, in a nutshell. Not a bad gig, really.

Tyber33
06-16-11, 10:11 AM
Wow sounds alot easier then what my sort-of friend said about it he said go security, aav's always break, everybody's a jerk, you work alot. Just him being a baby i guess.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-16-11, 06:11 PM
In Security you'd be standing around....a LOT. There are ups and downs with ANY job, just the way it is.

He sounds like a shivtbird or someone with about a year in the Corps LOL. (Everyone hates their job the first year I don't care WHAT you do or where you work..you are on the bottom of the totem pole, don't know squat, and get all the crap details...eventually it gets better...)

Tyber33
06-17-11, 11:51 AM
ya this is his first enlistment, he went in straight out of high school like i plan on doing. I think is his...3rd year in not 100% sure but i think that's right. If you plan on re-enlisting is your new soon to be job worked into your road map your last year or something?

Sgt Leprechaun
06-20-11, 05:21 PM
Yes.

Tyber33
06-23-11, 06:53 PM
Boss how early can you say your going to re-enlist? because the job really want is Russian Cryptologic Linguist and my proficiency isn't at what I've been told the test will be like. So I plan on while stationed in San Diego (hopefully) to take college class's at San Diego State in Russian language while using Rosetta Stone on the side.