PDA

View Full Version : Poolee seeking info on Intel

AZTony
06-09-11, 07:28 PM
Hello Marines,

First off, a big thank you to all of you for your service to our country. I have recently sworn into the DEP (20110606) and am very excited to one day be just like all of you, a Marine.

I have been researching the Intel and Crypto Linguist field for quite some time now and have found most of my questions to be answered by using the search function on this site as well as Google. One post that I found very helpful was:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77236

As well as a few others that I do not currently have a link to.

One question that was somewhat answered in the above link that I wanted to clarify was: If I get an Intel 02xx/26xx contract and take and pass the DLAB, is it guaranteed that I will be sent to DLI after Intel school to learn a foreign language? Or is this something I need to get in my initial contract for it to work out?

My next question is, if I were to get MOS 0231 and learn a foreign language at DLI, how would my job differ from an 0231 who is not trained in a foreign language? If I received the language training at DLI, would my MOS be changed to a 26xx MOS?

I think that was the only questions I had before I sign my Intel contract.

Thank you and looking forward to your responses,

Tony

Sgt Leprechaun
06-10-11, 09:08 PM
No, it's not a guarantee.

Not sure abou the initial contract though. Only a recruiter should be able to answer that.

Here is the easy (?) answer to your basic question...

An 0231 does analysis. In other words, taking raw data and making it into a usable product for the commander.

A 26XX listens to the language, translates it, and sends said translation along to others who analyize it.

Joel73
06-10-11, 09:59 PM
My friend is 0231 and he says that when he went through school in 2009, everyone was guaranteed to go to DLI if they passed the DLAB. That was his initial contract.