PDA

View Full Version : boot camp question.

shatheman91
06-09-11, 01:01 PM
I was wondering what stuff you will be required to remember? Like I know you should know the 11 general orders and things like that pretty much everything in my marines handbook I got when i dep'd up. I was wondering how much you use that in bootcamp? Im not saying I wont try at all, and the only reason is that I have TERRIBLE memory never had good memory, and I also hear there is a test at the end of boot camp? how hard is that?

Im sorry if I sound retarded for asking things like this but that is just how some people are you can read it all day and never remember it, but if I were to DO or physically do it I can remember it no problem.

devilbones2
06-09-11, 04:00 PM
Dont worry. You will be able to remember everything. You will probably never forget it either. There is a proven system to train you and as long as you listen you will learn.

ryanficken
06-09-11, 04:31 PM
When your platoon is doing 10 pushups for every leadership trait that Recruit Assbag can't remember (and there are 14, you do the math), you'll learn quickly. And the test at the end isn't hard. And you can retake it if you fail.

Apache
06-09-11, 06:33 PM
We all have some deficiencies
Memorization-names-directions- and the list goes on
Lord knows I have my shortcomings---

As previously posted
There are things you will remember-DIs will see to this

Do not concern

BadAce2212
06-09-11, 06:39 PM
Devilbones siad it best, You will have no problem remembering anthing, and you'll probably never forget it. As far as the test at PI go, they are probably the easiest tests you will take because you know ALL of the answers, they are drilled into your head daily.

iamspartacus
06-09-11, 06:46 PM
Anytime you wait for your platoon to go through the chow line, you'll be sounding off knowledge
Anytime you wait in line for haircuts, you'll be sounding off knowledge
Anytime you're on a hump, you'll be sounding off knowledge
Any down time between evolutions your platoon may have, you'll be sounding off knowledge
Any thoughts between dreams, you'll be sounding off knowledge in your head while you sleep

...see where I'm going with this? It's not like high school where you have to study on your own at night before bed.

shatheman91
06-09-11, 09:19 PM
Thank you all for your answers and not just saying rude comments, I appreciate every last one of you for posting to this question, Your answers have raised my head again and reassured me. once again thank you!

SGT7477
06-09-11, 09:56 PM
I was wondering what stuff you will be required to remember? Like I know you should know the 11 general orders and things like that pretty much everything in my marines handbook I got when i dep'd up. I was wondering how much you use that in bootcamp? Im not saying I wont try at all, and the only reason is that I have TERRIBLE memory never had good memory, and I also hear there is a test at the end of boot camp? how hard is that?

Im sorry if I sound retarded for asking things like this but that is just how some people are you can read it all day and never remember it, but if I were to DO or physically do it I can remember it no problem.
It's Marines, Semper Fidelis.:evilgrin:

Tennessee Top
06-10-11, 12:06 AM
Sometimes, there are little tricks you can use to help you remember certain things.

You probably already know the acronym JJ DID TIE BUCKLE for the 14 leadership traits.

Your recruiter and DI's will teach you these shortcuts.

Don't worry about the written tests at bootcamp. Just do the best you can every day.