PDA

View Full Version : The need in my bones along with waiver issues

Johnny a-skins
06-07-11, 08:12 AM
Hello,
I first would like to thank every marine who has given to our country, it is you who makes it possible to have a family a job and the safe feeling that we can do that with out fear from what ever it is you have stopped. That goes out to any service men and women as well, I give you all my respect for doing what most won't.
I want into the marines, bottom line I need it, I want the grueling twelve weeks of running sweating pushing myself to my extream. I always have done better when taking orders in any case I realized how elite it really is to be one of the few the proud and the brave. the meaning of that saying really never spoke to me as much as it has the last time I heard it. I want in and I will get in, I am changing my life style to get ready for what is to come altho I have been told there is no preperation for the marines boot camp, side from pull ups, crunches and running a few miles a day. I want it more than I want pussy, I also have realized what marines have done for our country and what it would be like with out such institutions, meaning I feel the need to give back.
This brings me to my point, I needed waivers as well as something only months of dedication can give me, and what I already have. You see I am not a high school drop out I just wasn't a huge fan of writing english papers and for some reason no matter what your strong points are in pennsylvania you must write what they call a senior paper in order to graduate. That isn't my case since I'm bull headed and I disagree with that when it wasnt good enough I said **** it and alot off my friends convinced me to get my G.E.D it sounded like a good idea"its just like a diploma they said"I had no idea it would our could hold me back from alot of things I wasnt thinking about in school. That's not all just after I turned eighteen I was caught with marijuana parafaniala on me I got fined and to this day I wishI never met those same ged tokin friends. Its all in my past I was a kid then and I since then have seen how life can be, I quit the **** even smokin tobacco all in my past. Can I still join with a waiver or my real question is how do I obtain such a waiver. is it even possible to get a waiver like that? I need real advice from a recruiter or someone who has been in my shoes I appriciate any advice you may have for me and I read some other postS if you think I won't be a valuable assset then **** you, I'm a different person now.
Thank you,
Johnny a-skins

chulaivet1966
06-07-11, 08:41 AM
if you think I won't be a valuable assset then **** you, I'm a different person now.
Thank you,
Johnny a-skins

No profile info.

In my opinion....
This comment (bold) on a USMC forum tells much about you, not to mention other hints of discipline problems.
I'm at a loss for further words.

USNAviator
06-07-11, 08:58 AM
Fill in your profile please, site rules. Do you have a criminal record?

And I'm going to concur with my learned associate re. attitude on this site. Drop it now or suffer the consequences. Not a good way to start by telling members to f$ck off if they don't agree with your self assessment

Tier I Applicants in Tier I have a high school diploma, or at least 15 college credits. This means a high school diploma, not a GED. Depending on state law, completion of high school by home study may or may not be considered equivelant to a high school diploma.
Tier II
Tier II includes GEDs, home study (in some states), Certificate of Attendance, Alternative/Continuation High School, Correspondence School Diplomas, and Occupational Program Certificate (Vo/Tech). The services limit the number of Tier II candidates it will allow to enlist each year.
In the Air Force, the limit is less than one percent each year. In such cases, the applicant must score a minimum of 50 on the AFQT to qualify (Note: The "AFQT" is the overall ASVAB score (http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/asvababcs.htm)).
The Army will allow up to 10 percent each year to be Tier II candidates, but they must score a minimum of 50 on the AFQT.
The Marines will only allow about 5 percent each year to be Tier II, and the Navy about 10 percent. Like the Army and Air Force, Tier II recruits must score a minimum of 50 on the AFQT to qualify.
The Coast Guard only accepts Tier 2 candidates if they have prior military service, and even then requires them to score higher on the AFQT (50 for prior Coast Guard Service, 65 for prior service in other branches).
Tier III
Individuals who are not attending high school and are neither high school graduates nor alternative credential holders. The services almost never accept a Tier 3 candidate for enlistment. If you fall into this category, your best bet is to get at least 15 college credits, so that you will be qualified as Tier I.

Johnny a-skins
06-07-11, 09:20 AM
Well since when can a persons moral values be evaluated simply by reading one post over the internet if we had met and had a real conversation face to face then I might accecpt your criticism, and I put that because alot of time people see that part of my past and focus on that so thats why I put it like that bud, but I do accecpt what you have to say and I will refraise to this issue as to not to offend" I am a changed person who doesn't believe that one misteak from the past should totally dictate one persons future I believe that I would make an excellent additional to this nations military I can live with my misteak and I understand that if I didn't make the cut it its because of my own doing. However I feel the need to become a marine as much as I do the need to breath, I have matured alot since then now that I am a man I put childish things away like smoking pot and being high ingeneral ". Also I wold like to put that I need advice on this issue, I have read alot of information since I posted this a waiver is possible but how possible is it, is it common to get a waiver or is it extreamly unlikely. I do apologize for the foul language I didnt mean to offend, if it doesn't work out I accecpt that it is because of my own doing. I have begun told that discipline isn't something your born with it is something a person learns through expierence and hard work.

ryanficken
06-07-11, 09:50 AM
Drop the 'help-me-or-f*ck-off' attitude, and people may be willing to help, and stop acting like you've earned the title or even claim it's what you deserve. See, now you're being judged on how...

boomer56328
06-07-11, 09:59 AM
I wasn't a recruiter, but I knew of Marines that had a simular issues as you who were able to get in. They all were past the issues and had already dealt with the consequences before enlisting though. I doubt anyone really had decided on if you would be an asset or not until your last line. You really put people off and make them think your a knuclehead with a statement like that. If anything your situation requires you to behave with a little more tact. Your the one who put yourself in those situations and getting yourself out starts with changing peoples perception of you. Telling them to **** off isn't going to do it.

Johnny a-skins
06-07-11, 10:01 AM
I have Maybe come off in the wrong way if the best advice is to get college credits then that's what I will do I am currently trying to te enroll into high school to get the diploma three attitude was totally uncalled for I only look to earn what you and many others can proudly say about your self I want it in the worst way. Thank you for the advice I appriciate it and I apologize to any marines I offened.

chulaivet1966
06-07-11, 10:04 AM
I didnt mean to offend, if it doesn't work out I accecpt that it is because of my own doing. I have begun told that discipline isn't something your born with it is something a person learns through expierence and hard work.

To qualify:
I'm not 'offended' by anything in life or anyone's words.
My emotional skin is thicker than a snow tire.

I merely pointed out two things:
1) the protocol to post here
2) the attitude and words chosen in your post which created the external perception of you.

Did you read what USVAviator was kind enough to elaborate for you.

Johnny a-skins
06-07-11, 10:15 AM
You all have given me alot to think about and I thank you all for your input it will help in the months to come

Zulu 36
06-07-11, 11:34 AM
You all have given me alot to think about and I thank you all for your input it will help in the months to come

I can also guarantee you if you pull that attitude on a live Marine recruiter, he will judge you right out the door with an order to never return.

The Corps is full and highly qualified people are lined up to get in. Recruiters don't need to even bother with snotty wanna-be's. And they won't.

Old Marine
06-07-11, 11:57 AM
The most up to date answers will be with a Recruiter. There must be one in Pittsburg.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-07-11, 05:19 PM
Totally and completely out of line. Permabanned for being an idiot. Thread deleted so no one else is subjected to this much retardation in such a short time.