PDA

View Full Version : USMC Reconnaissance 0321 conditioning?

Poolee Wilson
06-07-11, 01:48 AM
I'd like to get into Force Recon, I'm 17 and a senior in high school graduating in three days and the thought of joining the Marines:usmc: is basically the only thing that appeals to me..

So anybody that knows, or is in recon. Where should I be, physically, by september to assure that I can pass the whole physical part of like the reconnaissance indoctrination and all else. I realize I have plenty of time in boot camp and all that, but I have plenty of time now, might's well get a head start.

I have till september before I'm off to bootcamp in Pendleton (on the sixth)
Right now I weigh at 170 and I'm 5'11''
My mile time's roughly >7 minutes
I can do 17 pullups,
about 70-80 crunches,
and like 50-60 pushups in 120 seconds
... and I did just dandy on the azvab, so that's not a problem

I realize I'm in pretty bad shape as of now, but my endurance is golden and if I take breaks I'm just about as good as I was that morning, and I develop muscle fast...

Please don't give me the "there is no sure thing in life, or the military" ****, or the "lots and lots of swimming". I know.. I'm looking for the details

Like:
this many pushups
or be able to swim this far and hold your breath for this long
anything, just set a goal for me, I don't care if it's twice the pullups I'm able to do now, I just want an idea n' a number.
I can't find this information anywhere else, help a brother out...

I apologize if you've gotten this question alot before, I scrolled through the topics, read you're general rules through the threads and all that, didn't get what I was looking for..
Sorry if I smell like rambo..
Thank you

Sgt Leprechaun
06-07-11, 04:13 AM
I'd like to see a more complete profile. When thats done, this can come back. Also, are you still in school? If so, you posted this up at 0340 something. Curfew violation.

No kidding.