PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Flyer ?

Phantom Blooper
06-05-11, 08:34 PM
Haven't flew since early 79.......

What is the procedure with TSA and the airports since 911 other than whats on the net....?

Schmuck
06-05-11, 09:21 PM
Security involves a baggage screening for any carry-on luggage. While your carry-on is being scanned, you pass through a metal detector. Additional pat-downs by rubber-gloved TSA agents are becoming a regular thing as well. If you set off the metal detector with a zipper or metal button or anything, they will wave a metal-detecting wand over your man parts. That's pretty much it.

rufus1
06-05-11, 09:30 PM
I went out to Vegas a few years ago and they checked everything we had pretty good. I was they chosen one that got a very very good check - they have to pull one out of so many that boards the plane and I won the door prize. The list is very long what you can and can not take on the plane. The best thing to do is go on the internet and it will let you know what to take and not to take. If it is during the busy time of the day it may take you a while to get through the check and to your gate:flag:. Good luck brother and have a good trip.

03Mike
06-06-11, 07:13 AM
If you have metal in your body, tell the TSO manning the metal detector and elect (if possible) to go through the scanner instead. The scanner won't pick up any metal in your body, so no additional pat down.

USNAviator
06-06-11, 07:34 AM
Chuck doesn't this make you The Infrequent Flyer? Well I think you've received some good advice. Just to let you know, no more smoking on planes, they are no longer called stewardess, don't worry if you don't see any propellers, the engines now for the most part are jets.......:D

On the serious side, wear shoes that can be easily removed because you will have to take them off. No cell phones in flight. If it's a long flight try and get up and walk a bit to prevent potential problems with circulation, especially in your legs. If you suffer ear problems, take some gum with you and upon descending chew the gun, it will prevent an ear ache or clogged ears. One of the reason infants cry so much on flights is that they cannot do anything about ear problems. See if you can get a seat in the emergency exit rows. You'll have more leg room. Sadly, since 1979, seating has become far more cramped. No more pillows or blankets for the most part.

Cpl Heglar
06-06-11, 08:34 AM
Don't forget about no liquids or pastes bigger than 6 oz. and they have to be put in a ziploc baggie. I fly all the time so when you walk through the metal detector remember not to touch the sides if you do it will instantly go off and insta pat down!. I am very broad shouldered and have to scrunch my shoulder toward each other to make it through.

micarr57
06-06-11, 10:02 PM
it sucks ass...take a bus or drive